Solved

Problem reservation Brussels to Barcelona

• 20 March 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I can't book a Interrail ticket between Brussels and Barcelona. Is this normal? I do not understand why.

thank you for your reply

Copy screen

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 March 2022, 22:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The TGV Brussels - Valence does not have seats for pass holders anymore. It does still have some 1 day later.

Thank you

And what does it mean ?

• seat availability unknown
  • paper ticket (Modifié)Restaurer la traduction d'origine

It seems impossible to book a ticket between Barcelona and Granada.
Is this normal?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

And what does it mean ?

• seat availability unknown
  • paper ticket (Modifié)Restaurer la traduction d'origine

They don't know how many seats are still available.

It's a paper reservation, which will have to be sent through the post for 9€ per order.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It seems impossible to book a ticket between Barcelona and Granada.
Is this normal?

That is correct, unfortunately. Spanish railways (RENFE) have made it quite difficult for other companies to book reservations for Spanish domestic trains. Currently, Interrail cannot book them. You can book them:

• At the ticket office in Spain. A few days in advance (or just 1 day) is usually enough, since the number of passholder seats in domestic trains in Spain is not limited.
  • By phone (pre-reservation only) via Spanish railways. See this page (scroll down to Spain).
  • Via Deutsche Bahn, at a ticket office or by phone (+49 30 2970). Before calling, look up the train number via the RENFE website because you'll probably need to give that. The reservation will be on paper and can be sent through the post for €5.90.

In addition, Spanish railways do not share their complete timetables with the rest of the world, so only their own planner is complete and others, such as the rail planner app, are very incomplete for Spain.

By the way, DB can also book the TGV to Barcelona.

Does it means that my inter rail pass is not valable in Spain ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does it means that my inter rail pass is not valable in Spain ?

I'm not sure why you would day that. Interrail is perfectly valid in Spain.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

BUt-we hebben dit toch al zoooooo vaak hier gemeld, In ESpana met RENFE tref je net de meest IR-pass onvrindelijkste spoormij.

BTW: there is just 1 train/day direct Bcn_Gra (was there just 3 weeks ago), which is part of combined till Cordoba with Malaga. YOu can go much more often by changing in Madrid-but then trip will take longer and need 2 REServations for each train. You have to overnight in BCN anyway-or perhaps Madrid.

Het zal ook niet als verrassing komen dat 18/4=2e Paasdag, laatste dag van long weekend, wel erg druk is.