Solved

Problem with payment of reservations - ''proceed to payment'' button is inactive

We have made several reservations for an upcoming interrail trip (consisting of several different legs) this summer, but the «proceed to payment»-button is inactive. 

Is this a common issue, and are there ways to solve it? Will this button become active at some point?

We have accepted all terms, conditions etc. 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 8 May 2022, 10:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hej nordmenn.

I am just now scanning the forum again (do it about daily) and there have been several same-same posts. In all cases most likely reason was simply: way too early.

But if you can give more details-it may also be possible (as about any newbee tries to do that) the point that INTernational TGV to/fro FRance canNOT be done online. And the IT is not overly friendly in explaining that. The other egulars, rian and sebastian and angelo will also know

Which in fact also applies if I would want to visit Bergen or Fauske myself with a pass and go to vy.no.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Which trains? maybe there is some other place where you can buy reservations. You don’t have to use Interrail reservation service. 

Thank you for answering! It just seemed really practical to buy all the reservations through rail planner. We are a family of four traveling from Kiel to Barcelona via Mannheim and Paris. On the way home from Barcelona to Oslo we go via Lyon, Nice, Ventimiglia, Milan, Basel, Hamburg, Copenhagen and Gothenburg. 

BTW we have contacted rail planner through the messenger app and was asked by the chat bot to send them a screen shot of the trip details. We did this, but haven’t heard anything from them yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would suggest to try to not use rail planner app, because it shows the interrail.eu website for reservations. 

Kiel-Mannheim or Frankfurt (I don’t know where you have to change trains) you don’t need a reservations on day trains in Germany. You can book one for 4€/trip via bahn.com seat only option or 3€/train via ÖBB tickets.oebb.at - seat only option. 

Frankfurt/Mannheim-Paris you need a reservation, this is online only bookable via Interrail.eu or the app. Or at ticket desks of Deutsche Bahn. (about 10-15€ reservation).

Reservations France-Barcelona are only possible on ticket paper. This means when you buy it via App or Interrail.eu you get it by mail at home. Or you can buy it also at desks of Deutsche Bahn in Germany or SNCF in France. This trains have quota for Interrail users, this means it can be easy booked out for Interrail user. (35€ reservation)

Lyon-Nice-Ventimiglia use TER regional service. You don’t need a reservation. 

Ventimiglia-Milan you can use Intercity IC (3€ reservation) or Frecciabianca (10€ reservation), or with one change in Genova without reservations to Milan with Regionale Veloce RV trains. Reservations for Italy bookable via Austria Railways via tickets.oebb.at with this instructions (one way ticket - discount Interrail)

Milano-Basel 11€ in 2nd class reservations bookable via ÖBB via tickets.oebb.at 

Basel-Hamburg you can use the nighttrain ÖBB Nightjet for couchette or sleeper or on the same train the seats (reservation optional) of the Intercity IC part (4€/trip via bahn.com or 3€/train via ÖBB tickets.oebb.at - seat only option)

For Denmark-Hamburg trains, in summer you need a reservation (but I don’t know if this is up-to-date), but if you need a reservation than you can’t book via Deutsche Bahn bahn.com but you need to get via DSB the reservation. 

From Copenhagen use the Oresund trains wich you can use without reservations to Göteborg.  

P.S. for reservation optional trains in Germany, Switzerland and Denmark you can buy one reservation for 4€ also when you change trains via bahn.com seat only option. Railplanner/Interrail.eu ask 6€/train.