Solved

Problem with reservation in Germany

• 3 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi, I am sorry if this was asked before but I don't find the answer. I am in Germany and I want to take tomorrow the train from Hamburg to Copenhague but in the information post of Berlin Hbf said to me that I need compulsory reservation when interrail web and app told me that it isn't. I would like to know if I can sit on the floor with this pass but no reservations in this train and Denmark, Sweden and Norway ones. Thank you so much for the help and sorry again if this was answered before.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 3 August 2022, 21:19

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations are mandatory on the direct trains between Germany and Denmark. There are other trains which do not require reservations on the route between Hamburg and Copenhagen but then you need to change trains and if the train is too full you might need to go by bus part of the route. Domestic Danish trains don't require reservations.

In Sweden you need reservations on the high speed trains and on the sj Intercity trains. Without a reservation you can't travel on those trains.

In Norway some trains require reservations and some not. You better call Entur in Norway who can tell you the relevant information for the trains you want to take.