Solved

Problem with seat reservations Zurich - Como

Hi, i am trying to book a train from zurich-como on 09.06.22. But when i try to book a seat it says «prices unavaileble. Come back in a few houres to see prices and reserve a seat». I have checked the website many times during the last few days but it still says «prices unavaileble». I have also checed with the train company and the train is not sold out. I get the same error if I try to book any other random seat reservations. Does anyone share the same problem?? 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 3 June 2022, 17:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm not sure what train this is, since I can't find any direct trains Bern - Como.

Generally though, can book trains from Switzerland to Italy via ÖBB. Do NOT use "Seat only” but add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets.

You can also use a regional train from Chiasso and save 11€. Reservations in Switzerland are possible but unnecessary.

@rvdborgt  Thank you for your answer. It is the train from Zurich-como that requires a seat reservation. But if we reserve a seat through OBB how do we reserve for a small fee and not buy a hole new ticket??

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can do it for free: take that train only In Swiss till border=Chiasso, then change to TreNord local train onward. The 11€ REServ only apply for INTERNat travels.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt  Thank you for your answer. It is the train from Zurich-como that requires a seat reservation. But if we reserve a seat through OBB how do we reserve for a small fee and not buy a hole new ticket??

The reservation should be 11€. Interrail would charge an additional 2€ booking fee...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, i am trying to book a train from zurich-como on 09.06.22. But when i try to book a seat it says «prices unavaileble. Come back in a few houres to see prices and reserve a seat». I have checked the website many times during the last few days but it still says «prices unavaileble». I have also checed with the train company and the train is not sold out. I get the same error if I try to book any other random seat reservations. Does anyone share the same problem?? 

You don't need a reservation in Switzerland. The trains run frequently and hardly anyone makes reservations. If you want to save money you take the EC from Zürich to Chiasso without reservation. In Chiasso you change to a local Italian train for the last part of your journey. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I follow the suggestion to take the train till Chiasso and then a regionaltrain to Como :)

As you start from Bern you may take a more scenic Route with a regionaltrain via Kandersteg,Brig to Domodossola and change there for the Centovalli Line to Locarno from Locarno you can catch direct regionaltraisn to Como :)