Solved

Problems booking reservations Berlin to Amsterdam

• 27 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi i have a problem with booking the train from berlin to amsterdam. the problem isn’t with one train, i tried booking multiple trains and the site goes in error.

can you please give me any advice?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 27 June 2022, 15:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The Intercity trains Berlin-Amsterdam have only optional reservation, you can buy the reservation directly via bahn.com with the seat only option for 4,50€/trip (whit seatplan), or via other train companies for the same train like austrian ÖBB for 3€/train or czech CD for ~3€. 

On the line there are some works in some months, maybe they have not the final timetable yet, and reservations are not opened yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

On quite a few days in summer this train-running ev 2 hrs direct in around 6 hrs will NOT end in AMS-as there the rails are again under repair. Most likely thats the reason. Again; do not use app, use bahn.com as this will give more detials-also about possible bustitution.

You can also go with 1 change via Duisburg on ICE trains-usually quite overcrowded to AMS in summer and often cancelled very last minute as stock is old and often needs urgent repair.