Solved

Problems booking train seat from France to Barcelona

• 17 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, I have been trying to book 4 tickets from Paris (Gare de Lyon) to Barcelona-Sants on the 23rd of December (at 10:14 am). Every time I try to checkout to pay, the website tells me that there is an error and that I have to find other options. I tried to book in every train on the same day and on the next day, but still the error message appears. Is there any other way to book those seats?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 November 2021, 15:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you're in France, go to your nearest SNCF ticket office. The reservations will also be cheaper, since you don't pay any extra fees.

Otherwise, call German railways (+49 30 2970, available 24/7) or Belgian railways.

Edit: for 1 person in 2nd class, I can get to the payment page for the 10:14 train on 23 December. I can't test 4 persons.

Thank you rvdborgt! I went to the nearest SNCF ticket office and problem solved. They did have 4 seats available and could book them at the ticket office, without a problem. 

Just to let you know that I tried to call both German railways and Belgian railways for 2 days, and could not get a hold of them ever. So, this may not always work. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Otherwise, call German railways (+49 30 2970, available 24/7) or Belgian railways.

@J0rba, just repeating the options for you. Reservations for TGV/AVE France-Spain are only available on paper, not electronically.

AFAIK Belgian railways can send tickets via the post or you can pick them up at certain Belgian stations. Deutsche Bahn can also send them via the post or you can pick them up at a DB ticket office or DB ticket machine.