Solved

Problems with outbound/inbound journey

• 5 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi guys!
I have the interrail global pass with 4 trips within a month. I hve already booked one trip from Vienna in Austria (where I live) to Stralsund in Germany. Now I wanted to book a train from Stralsund to Regensburg and it showed me that I had to use the second outbound/inbound trip. Why is that?
I should mention that I`ve accidentally filled in Germany as my country of residence instead of Austria.
Could anyone please help me? Our journey is going to be on the 10th, so it is pretty urgent...

Thanks in Advance!!

Tilmann

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 5 August 2022, 13:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can only travel on 2 travel days in your country of residence. 

If you have the wrong country of residence then you need to make an exchange of passes, provided that the conditions for your pass allows an exchange.

The conditions for your pass are on the invoice that you got with the confirmation email. 

To make the exchange you need to first buy a new pass where you enter the correct country of residence. Then you need to send both the old pass number and the new pass number to Customer Support. They will then refund you the price of the first pass less 15 EUR (no fee if you bought Plus)

You can only make an exchange of a pass that not is active so if you have activated your pass you need to deactivate it now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here are the rules for refunds and exchanges. 

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

Alright, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hier in DE gibt es noch in aug. bis zum 31/8 das 9€ ticket-gilt im ganzen NAHverkehr-also RE/RB+S zuege, und alle bus/tram usw. Aber für diese Streckenlänge wird das sehr lange dauern und sehr viel Umsteigen-mit sehr viele Verspätung und alles deshalb führen

Danke dir!

Ich habe bereits versucht, die Reise darauf anzupassen, aber die Strecke ist schlicht und ergreifend zu lang und ich hab leider nicht die Zeit, Zwischenstopps einzulegen.