Solved

Rail Europe and Rail Planner interface?

• 1 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello, Community!

I am fairly far along in planning a family trip to England, France, Germany, and the Netherlands.

We have Eurail Global Passes. I have successfully made seat reservations using Rail Europe for journeys between London and Paris, Paris and Bayeux, Bayeux and Paris, Paris and Brussels, Brussels and Cologne.

I have two questions.

One, how do I add these train rides I have seat reservations for as journeys to My Trip on Rail Planner?

Two, How do I book all the other non-seat-reservation journeys? Do I need to go through the individual railways? I’ve looked at getting tickets on the Great Western Railway in England, for example, but I don’t see any way to have the cost of the ticket be covered by my pass.

Thank you for sharing your experience and insight with someone new to this adventure!

Susan

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 February 2024, 22:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

One, how do I add these train rides I have seat reservations for as journeys to My Trip on Rail Planner?

You look for the trains in the planner, you save them in the trip and shortly before you board the train, you add those journeys to your pass. If you then tap on "Show ticket”, you'll see a QR code, which is your ticket for the travel day.

Two, How do I book all the other non-seat-reservation journeys?

You don't. You just add them to your pass as above.

Do I need to go through the individual railways? I’ve looked at getting tickets on the Great Western Railway in England, for example, but I don’t see any way to have the cost of the ticket be covered by my pass.

Your pass is your ticket. If journeys are fully covered by the pass, you don't need any other tickets.

If you would like a reservation in GB, then you can book it via GWR (all reservable trains in GB) or LNER (only their own trains), or at a ticket office in GB, all free of charge.

Thank you, rvdborgt, I will try this.