Solved

Railway strikes in France on the 6th. What trains are affected?

Well I just got an email from Interrail about railway strikes in France tomorrow. And unfortunately I have to travel in the country tomorrow. Does anyone have information on (or know where to find info on) exactly what trains are affected. I tried SNCF’s website but came up short. Is it both TGV and TER? Does the strike start after a certain time tomorrow etc?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 5 July 2022, 19:27

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Trafic Ile-De-France Transilien : Fortement perturbé
Trafic régional TER : Fortement perturbé
Trafic TGV INOUI et OUIGO : Perturbé
Trafic international : Normal
Trafic INTERCITÉS : Perturbé

Almost all trains will have cancellations. More informations on sncf-connect.com (in french)

So according to some news I’ve seen it seems like the disruption is going to be this.

“The strikes will mean cancellations of around a quarter of France’s high-speed TGV trains while only around 40% of regional TER trains will be circulating. Train lines in Paris and the Ile-de-France region will also be severely disrupted.”

Thanks, so TER isn’t looking good at all unfortunately. Where can I look into how TER the region I’m in (Rhône-Alpes) is affected or specific trains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks, so TER isn’t looking good at all unfortunately. Where can I look into how TER the region I’m in (Rhône-Alpes) is affected or specific trains.

maybe on the SNCF app or website, when you look about a route like Paris-Lyon or where you have to go. Also a good idea is to go to the station, where you can get more Information, some hours before you would have travelled, because a train could run and you get somewhere else. 

SNCF – Timetables, Trains, Traffic, Services, International | SNCF on this website you can look for train number or train station board. Maybe use the website in french, because I don’t know if they write also in english new things. 

I found this https://m.ter.sncf.com/auvergne-rhone-alpes/se-deplacer/fiches-horaires site but when I searched my line/station it showed nothing specific for tomorrow unfortunately. But I’ll show up to the station early tomorrow and see what’s up, thankfully I’ve got quite a bit of time before my connecting train to Italy, (which will not be affected since it isn’t SNCF)