Solved

Refund for Eurostar supplement because of train strike

• 25 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Me and my partner bought two Interrail Global Passes back this summer. We started travelling early september 2022. The day before departure a train strike was announced which kept us from making our outbound trip using the Eurostar from Rotterdam to London. We arranged ferry tickets ourselves (not using the Interrail).

Since then we’ve been unable to have our Eurostar supplement (the extra you have to pay while booking the Eurostar via Interrail) refunded. In total this amounts to €75,42.

We’ve been unable to have it refunded. We used the form on the website asking for a refund but to no avail. There is no phone line to call to or there is no e-mailadres for complaints. I am resorting to this forum to get my money back for a train strike I should be compensated for.

My request: Can you please refund €75,42? If you need further detail, please let me know. 

Regards,

Mieke

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 January 2023, 12:51

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What does "to no avail” mean? Was there no response, did they refuse to reimburse or something else?

When did you send the request?

In case of no response: if you've created a request here, then have you checked the status of it online? Follow the link, click on "Sign in” at the top right and then request a password for the email address you used for the request.

No response, unclear what to do.

I filled in the form using the link you gave me, let’s see what happens.

The form or the Zendesk url is not mentioned on the website, so it was actually challenging reaching out to the company.