Solved

Refunds on seat reservations in Italy, Switzerland and France

• 31 May 2023
  • 7 replies

So we had a ferry scheduled from igoumenitsa to Ancona on the 5th of June, and have seat reservations back home all brought from Ancona to London. 

However Supperfast ferries threw a spanner in the works this evening by messaging us to let us know the Ferry is no longer stopping at Igmoumentsa, after spaking with them they advised us that we have to leave the day before or the day after, 

Our interrail pass will run out before we got home to London if we leave the day after, and we are unable to leave the day before because of work. 

Instead we are looking at getting the Ferry to Bari, which is fine, although we will require a different set of seat reservations from Bari to London.

We want to know if seat reservations are refundable? and if so how it works? I can just see on my Interrail account you have to click a button and interrail will ask the train company if we get a refund. But that;s a bit problematic, as we might find out that we don’t get a refund and in that case we would try and meet up with out previously planned journey to reduce the overall cost. however if we get a full refund we would book a whole new journey a that will work out cheaper. we are anxious about wailing several days for interrail to get back to us, to then find out there are no reservations available, and we have already cancelled our existing ones. 

Sorry for the slightly long panicked message! and thanks in advance for you tips

All the best 

Freya and Barnaby

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 June 2023, 00:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'd request Interrail (if you booked there) for a full refund of your now unusable reservations since Superfast cancelled their part.

Then book your new reservations. Start with checking Eurostar availability ASAP.

thanks, luckily we can still use our Eurostar tickets! it just the journey to get from Bari to Paris that needs to be different, 

yes i have messaged Interrail about getting a full refund so fingers crossed, do you know how quick they are to respond? 

Interrail are being hopeless at responding, three different people have messaged but no one has read my message fully and is responding with nonsense. 

Do people generally have good customer service from interrail?

i never got anywhere with this I'm afraid, 

this should be a warning to anyone using ferries with the interrail ticket, yes you get a 100% discount on the passenger far of superfast ferries (just pay taxes) but if the ferry's cancels on you and you have train reservations booked for subsequent journeys, you lose the money for those reservations. they are not covered by the same cancelation policy as trains,  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Camilo. @Mukhammad Can you please look at this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi all, 

I can confirm that this case is still being processed by our distributors team, since the Pass was bought with ATOC.  

We will update @Barnaby King internally. 

Oh that’s good to hear, the last message i received from customer support made it quite clear there was nothing further that interrail can do, 

ill await a message