Solved

RENFE train numbers

• 28 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello

I’m gathering information for a trip I’m planning to take with my husband in late September into October - travelling from London, through France and into Spain and Portugal. We have global continuous passes (1 month). I know that there are some RENFE reservation issues but that one route to booking reservations is to go via DB phone line, armed with train numbers. I have the excellent European railway timetable which includes train numbers.

1. Does anyone know if these will be the ones needed to book reservations (or is there a RENFE timetable change?)
  2. Does anyone know if all the trains can be booked now? I think some might not be available to book until neare the time but I am keen to book Eurostar both ways and the big France into Spain; Spain into France tickets before they sell out. Perhaps I need to do my booking in a few batches
  3. We will be travelling as a pair and want to have reservations together, obviously we have two seperate passes. Slightly stupid question, but is it easy to arrange for adjacant seats?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 28 June 2022, 21:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The answer to your question about adjacant seats is to follow the advice from the experienced travellers in the Community  and use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice. 

Yes - I’ve scoured this very helpful forum before asking my questions. Noone has ever answered the adjacent seats question and, as far as I can see, it has been raised once in the past. Never mind, I’m sure I will figure it out. My question about RENFE timetables and train numbers still stands, but hey ho, again, I guess I’ll figure it out eventually. Its hard to meet your criteria for asking a question when the question itself relates to the issue of timetables changing but, again, I guess I’ll figure it out by asking elsewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When you make the reservation for 2 persons you will get seats together if it is possible and you can sometimes select the seats. It all depends on what railway company you travel with and where you make the reservation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You/anyone can check current train nrs on-what else-the RENFE site. Just set up the train you want.

Bahn.com seems since a week or 2 ago also been loaded with many RENFE info (not all, but even some cercanias it seems/as reported) so that may be more easy to access. RENFE very often suddenly turns into ESpanol-not the hardest to understand, but its cumbersome

@1-unclear-you did not specify anything. Assume that ALL RENFE trenes need to be REServed-except cercanias. This will show in their own site as ´buy ticket at estacion´-if you can prebook normal tix, it means it has mandatory RES

@2 again hence unclear RENFE is notably always quite late with relaesing its final data-assume that from 2 month advance it should be doable. This does not go daybyday-but once every few weeks a few more weeks are added

@3 its customary for railways RES to supply seats beside if a couple/pair wants to REServe-or book. Unless both specify window seats…………..

Many thanks mcadv - yes, I am assuming all renfe tix need to be reserved and am also aware of how to do it. I was just wondering about the date the timetable changes or when seats are generally released for booking / reservation as we’re travelling late sept into oct… My question wasn’t about reservations rather that train numbers - sorry if not clear. I guess if I can see the trains on the RENFE site and tix are bookable then reservations will also be able to be made (yes I know I can’t do this online at RENFE).