Solved

Replacement service not within my travel day limit

• 10 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Greetings!

I’ve planned an interrail trip around Europe this summer with the Global Pass 4 days in a month. For the last “train” day I booked the route Wien HBF to Roma Termini by the Nightjet train. However, a few days ago I checked the ÖBB website and I learned that due to works in Italy, the nightjet’s passengers to Roma will have to do a transfer in Bologna to the Frecciarossa 1000. The ÖBB explanation says:

Dear Passengers,
We very much regret to inform you.

If you are planning to travel to/from Florence or Rome, on the days given on the back side of this information then unfortunately you will need to interrupt enjoyment of your journey in the Nightjet in Italy and transfer to Trenitalia replacement trains. [...]

You will find the train numbers and the details of the travel and transfer times in the summary on the reverse side. The waiting times on transfer are short. Your tickets for the Nightjet are of course
valid on the replacement trains. Regrettably, only seating places are available in the Trenitalia replacement trains – you have a free choice of seating 
(https://kundeninformation-pv.oebb.at/dam/kundeninformation/extern/OEBB/2021/2021_06/Italien062021.pdf).

For this reason I have the concern that if I use this train (Frecciarossa) the day after my last day allowed on my pass (as the Nightjet leaves at 19:23 PM and the change is made at 06:30 AM), will it be included as I booked with the Nightjet or will I have to pay for the tickets at the normal price because I have no more travel days?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by seewulf 10 July 2021, 14:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As it´s a replacement service and you booked Vienna - Rome it should be covered in your travelday.

As it´s a replacement service and you booked Vienna - Rome it should be covered in your travelday.

Thanks, Seewulf!