Skip to main content
Solved

reservation bilet from Budapest to Sibiu /Romanian

• 1 July 2024
  • 9 replies

Hello, I have to travel from Budapest to Sibiu/Romanian with my family at 14. Juli ,and I have the global pass but I can’t make the reservation to seats online ? In the office here in Danmark they can’t do it .

can someone help me? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The direct night train is not available online, the further east you go the more likely it is the case. Should be possible to book at counters in Germany or Austria (if you go through there) but Sundays are quite busy days... I’d book as soon as possible. Perhaps you can call the DB hotline?

Looking at the other Budapest - Romania night train (as it leaves from Vienna it is available on the OBB website) only seats are left. Couchettes and sleepers are fully sold out.

Beware that you’ll likely be woken up at 2-3am for passport controls.

EDIT: the 19:10 night train to Sibiu still has some spaces left. On the CFR website 4 couchettes (2 adults, 2 children) would cost 703 Lei (1035 DKK). I guess it is the best option…

Hy and thanks for your answer! I am travelling from Odense/ Danmark and we will be in Budapest at 9 A.m. 14 July and I need a day train to Sibiu/ Romanian but when I want to reserve the seat places can’t do it , that is confused and I don’t know how to book it. 
will be nice if someone did tried this before,

good night ,

Elena Mirela Ștefan 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah right, I was looking at night trains.

Are you arriving with the Berlin night train? There’s a 9:10 departure from Budapest-Keleti to Cluj but it’s impossible to reach it after the night train…

Which connection to Sibiu did you see? I’ll have a look at options but it won’t be easy.

EDIT: if you can’t take the convenient 09:10 train this is the second best option

• Flixbus Budapest-Nepliget - Sibiu 11:30 - 23:25 (40€)

Népliget is a 15 min metro journey from Nyugati train station.

Hy and Thanks for your answers !

Yes I am coming from Berlin with the Night train and I Will like to reserve than train from Budapest Keleti to Cluj/ Sibiu ? How Can I reserve ? A website to reserve Will be a Big help. In apps is writing I Can’t reserve and I was to office DSB and they Can’t do it.

we Can sleep one Night i Budapest at 14 July and take the next Day 15 July at 9.10 but I don’t know how to do it ? 
can I also use flixbus with global interrail ? 
Do you know how Can I reserve trains ticket in Rumanien ? 
I thougt that Will be much easier to book all our trip from Odense to Botosani , my town and I have to be back in Odense at 28. July .   
thanks a Lot 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So do you wish to go to Botosani or Sibiu? It could change my suggestions.

Yes, I guess it will be best to spend a night in Budapest but let me have a look. You don't want to arrive 5 days later at your destination...

No, the Interrail Global Pass is not valid on Flixbus.

Unfortunately booking is not as straightforward as it should... Romanian trains can only be booked at a counter there (last-minute availability is risky in summer) or you buy online tickets in advance on the CFR website.

I was thinking to take a break one Night in Sibiu  after Budapest -Sibiu and travel from all Day from at.9-10 to afternoon , but how Can I reserve it? 
can I buy the Seat billet in train from Budapest to Sibiu ? Or how? 

And after This how Can I arive to Botosani? Sibiu -Botosani . I have also a one country interrail til Romanian but I Don ‘t know how to reserve Seat plads nigher in Romanian.

best regards,

Elena Mirela Stefan

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Alright. Cluj will be easier as it is on the mainline.

Do you have a one-country Romania pass, you mean? The Global Pass is enough. It can be used within a country too.

So let’s summarise:

• 14th July: arrival from Berlin, night in Budapest.
  • 15th July: Budapest-Keleti - Cluj Napoca 09:10 - 20:45 (incl. 1h time difference and passport controls)
  • 16th July: Cluj Napoca - Veresti 09:16 - 16:35 + Veresti - Botosani 17:26 - 18:35

Unfortunately reservations are only possible at ticket counters. Go to ticket counters straight when you arrive in Budapest. Capacity is less of an issue than on overnight trains.

Hy,

Do you know there This pasaport control is ? 
and do you mean at I only Can buy seats tickets only from Budapest and Sibiu when I Will arive there ?? 

can you find a rute on Day train from Budapest to Sibiu at 15 July ? We Will realy like to visit This city. 
and do you have some advices about traveling interrail with kids at age 11 and 9 , how Can This experience be a Nice one? It’s first time we take train so langt time / distance. 

best regards, Elena

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Border controls would be in Lökösháza (out of Hungary/Schengen) and Curtici (into Romania). You stay onboard the train and border guards walk through.

Itinerary would look as follows:

- IC Budapest-Keleti - Simeria 09:10 - 17:08

- Simeria - Sibiu 17:32 - 19:48

Yes reservations are only available at the stations (unless someone here knows otherwise). I think availability will be fine.

A good thing about trains is that children (and adults!) can walk around when they feel like it. So go for little walks, pick up some drink/food in the restaurant carriage. I'd also bring board or card games, perhaps they already know one or two of these?

For me a later arrival is less problematic than an early departure. The 09:10 departure from Budapest is pretty good in my opinion. :)