Solved

Reservation by phone from Madrid to Toulouse

• 7 August 2022
  • 5 replies

I want to go from Madrid to Toulouse. It says you can book a reservation by calling 72 hours before the train leaves until 24 hours before the train leaves. I will be stuck in Madrid if I can not get a reservation. How likely is it that I can book this train? Or will I get stuck even if I call 72 hours beforehand?

icon

Best answer by Al_G 8 August 2022, 00:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please give your travel date and time of your train. 

Thanks for replying this fast :)

My travel date is aug 29th. I want to take the train at 6.30 from Madrid-Puerta De Atocha to Barcelona Sants.

I also couldn't figure out how I must reservate for the train from Barcelona Sants at 10.16 to Port-Bou.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for replying this fast :)

My travel date is aug 29th. I want to take the train at 6.30 from Madrid-Puerta De Atocha to Barcelona Sants.

I also couldn't figure out how I must reservate for the train from Barcelona Sants at 10.16 to Port-Bou.

The 29th is a Monday.

Tomorrow is a Monday and there are still spaces available on the 06.20, 06.30, 07.30 and 08.30 Madrid - Barcelona services.

https://www.renfe.com/es/en

It is no guarantee that will be the case for the day you are travelling but is a reasonable indication.

Barcelona - Portbou, even though this is listed as MD it is not bookable on RENFE so I can’t see how reservations are possible, it is part of the Rodalies/commuter service so should just be turn up and travel.

There are later connections via Portbou/Cerbere, 11.16, 13.16 and the last is 15.16 from Barcelona

There is also an alternative route to Toulouse via La Tour de Carol, this is via another commuter route from Barcelona and a regional train La Tour to Toulouse, these depart Barcelona at 11.24 and 14.24. These require no reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bcn-PB are local Rodalies (the catalan word for cercanias) and is not MD as such. The trains that are a little faster-but still same suburban hard plastic seats- are there labelled as Catalunya Express-and RES is NOT even possible. In Bcn Sants you exit first from AVE and have to enter Cerc area-closed off/gates-show pass to the walking attendants-she will open 1. ONLY from 10-15 mins before your train runs-and before that they will not even tell what platform-prevent overcrowding

It also means your entry is misleading-tjhere used to be some time ago direct train/day Mad-Tls but withdrawn due to low demand. YOu only want the AVE Mad-Bcn-which as above runs so often that you do not really need to worry much about finding some spare seat, and then its local UN-RES.

The route as Al describes via LTdC is more scenic-but after late revision of times the connections to FRench TER are very bad.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Bcn-PB are local Rodalies (the catalan word for cercanias) and is not MD as such. The trains that are a little faster-but still same suburban hard plastic seats- are there labelled as Catalunya Express-and RES is NOT even possible. In Bcn Sants you exit first from AVE and have to enter Cerc area-closed off/gates-show pass to the walking attendants-she will open 1. ONLY from 10-15 mins before your train runs-and before that they will not even tell what platform-prevent overcrowding

It also means your entry is misleading-tjhere used to be some time ago direct train/day Mad-Tls but withdrawn due to low demand. YOu only want the AVE Mad-Bcn-which as above runs so often that you do not really need to worry much about finding some spare seat, and then its local UN-RES.

The route as Al describes via LTdC is more scenic-but after late revision of times the connections to FRench TER are very bad.

Yes, you are correct, the La Tour De Carol service is slower than normal currently, it is a bus replacement for the last part of the journey. The 14.31 just misses the French train however the 11.31 had a longer layover and it still connects.  https://rodalies.gencat.cat/web/.content/02_Horaris/horaris/R3.pdf