Solved

Reservation Cost 6 Euros but charged 66 Euros.

Badge

I was going from Heidelberg to Warsaw on Global Pass. From Berlin, I had to reserve a seat. It was written, I have to pay 6 Euro, but they charged me 66 Euros. 
if this was the case, I’m student and I couldn’t have gone by Ryan air in 25 Euros return. And Interrail didn’t mention any of the cost.

I have got the receipts, how to get refund? Kindly guide me.

regards

icon

Best answer by Angelo 4 July 2022, 16:48

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Who is they?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you have buy the reservation via Eurail.com than you can ask directly the customer service of Eurail. If you have bought the reservation via an other company ask directly there. 

Badge

I bought it from DB on Berlin Gesun Station, even showed them the pass for 3 times, but they said it’s 66.7

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This is wrong by the staff at DB Ticket Office. They should give you only a Reservation and not a new Ticket.  Please get in touch with DB Contacting Deutsche Bahn: You can reach us by phone or e-mail

Badge

Thanks for your help @Angelo. I called them they said you have to go back to the DB office. I already left Berlin to Warsaw. 
Do you have any information, where can I complain about it. Or can interrail contact them. 
this also happened to another girl who went before and the DB lady charged her more as well and she was very rude saying “ Go away, I don’t have tickets or pay this amount. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Maybe @seewulf know more about this? If possible I would suggest to write a Post or a DM on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook to DB Personenverkehr or DB Fernverkehr. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is a case for DB customer service. A reservation should have been €4.5 at the DB ticket counter.

I think you can use one of the 2 complaint forms at the bottom.

https://www.bahn.com/en/contact/online-contact-forms

Keep all receipts and the ticket you were sold.

Badge

@rvdborgt Still I am awaiting there response, I went back to Berlin station again after 10 days but they didn’t accept. have texted them on twitter but they are saying and it has already been a month. Interrail is also not replying.

Any information where I can complain about DB. Is there complaint centre like below for DB as well.

https://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/complaints/

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt Still I am awaiting there response, I went back to Berlin station again after 10 days but they didn’t accept. have texted them on twitter but they are saying and it has already been a month. Interrail is also not replying.

Any information where I can complain about DB. Is there complaint centre like below for DB as well.

https://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/complaints/

Have you used one of the complaint forms I indicated? If so, did you get a confirmation that they received your complaint? They are legally required to send a reply to your complaint within 1 month and if they need more time, they must notify you within one month and they must then send a final reply within 3 months.

If DB refuse to pay you back or if they don't reply within the legal timeframe, then you can contact the conciliation body söp.

Badge

@rvdborgt  I have emailed them again.

thank you so much