Solved

Reservation costs Italy

• 25 July 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m going to make approximately 12 journeys with my euro rail pass in Italy.For some long journeys such as Lecce to Perugia I must pay a reservation fee of 12 Euros.My question is for short journeys say from Bari to Ostuni can I travel without paying a reservation fee?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 25 July 2022, 16:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I’m going to make approximately 12 journeys with my euro rail pass in Italy.For some long journeys such as Lecce to Perugia I must pay a reservation fee of 12 Euros.My question is for short journeys say from Bari to Ostuni can I travel without paying a reservation fee?

Only the regional trains are without mandatory reservation costs.
BUT, with the IC trains in Italy you also have to make reservations. If I'm not mistaken this is 3 euros.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

if you book via ÖBB online* or Trenitalia ticket desk it is only 10€ and not 12€ like via interrail.eu for Frecciarossa high speed trains. IC optional 3€ and Regional trains no reservation possible.

*Tutorial: Seewulfs Tutorial how to get reservations 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The extra to pay does NOT depend on distance, but on type of train. A s above: IC is just 3€-and often very easy to arrange at stazione, frecce=superfast treni, cost 10€ extra and run via the hi-speed lines, at least part of the route.

Higher prices apply to beds in overnite trains-depends on what type you choose.