Solved

Reservation for Kopenhaven-Stockholm needed?

• 25 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello :)

I know that I need a reservation for most of the nighttrains. Do I need a seat reservation on day , too? And how do I regonize? For example I want to drive from Stockholm to Kopenhaven. Is it possible to get in every train without reservation and in case of no free seat sit on the floor? Actually I bought the interrail pass to move freely. Didnt know you have to reservate a lot of trains month before 😅

Thanks you guys :)) 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 April 2023, 10:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The direct day trains Copenhagen-Stockholm have mandatory reservations. You can book them on sj.se. If you don't have a reservation, you'll get a fine and/or you'll have to leave the train.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can travel from Stockholm to Copenhagen with reservation free regional trains. There are several options. You will have to change trains several times and it will take between 9 and 12 hours. There are many more options than those shown in the Railplanner. There are reservation free trains from Stockholm to Gothenburg which incorrectly are marked as “mandatory reservation” in the Railplanner. From Gothenburg there are reservation free Öresundståg to Copenhagen.

During the summer all trains going south from Gothenburg will start in Mölndal due to track works so you need to take public transportation from Gothenburg main station to Mölndal if you choose to travel this way,

When do you plan to travel?