Solved

Reservation for night train Napoli Centrale to Palermo Centrale

• 24 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi guys, how can I book the night train from Napoli Centrale to Palermo Centrale the cheapest way? We want to take the night train at the 7th of June and on the interrail reservation website it is so expensive to make a reservation for this train. We have a one country pass for italy. Do you have any tips on how to do it cheaper?  Thanks!! 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 April 2022, 13:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I currently don't see any prices on the Interrail website:

Maybe that's a temporary issue. Trenitalia shows prices but their website does not sell pass reservations anymore.

There are a few things you should be aware of though:

• Trenitalia seem to have sent incomplete data and therefore the interrail reservations module shows this train as a connection with a change in Messina. On their own website, it's a through train.
  • Possibly, because this connection is shown as 2 trains with a change, the reservation module would let you pay a reservation twice.
  • There are no seats on this train, only couchettes and sleepers.
  • You can currently only book complete compartments in Italian night trains. This is still COVID measure. Nobody knows when this will change.
  • Interrail has not implemented in its reservation module the possibility to book one complete compartment for 2 (or more) people. When you want to book for 2 people, Interrail proposes 2 complete compartments, so that's expensive.
  • Often, the regular fares for night trains available via Trenitalia are lower than the pass reservations. Currently, for 2 people, this train is available for €115.80 in total ("Super economy” fare). That's a couchette compartment for 2 people, without using a travel day. With more people, the price per person drops even further.

Thanks for the response. I booked it now through Trenitalia. It is the best solution. Greetings, Eva