Solved

Reservation for specific connection, not findable on the website.

• 12 February 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi!

I would like to book a seat for a particular train connection that I found in the Interail app. For booking I am always sent to the website, but there I cannot find my suitable connection... Can you tell me how else I can make a reservation for the connection ? Or can I theoretically go without a reservation? After all, I can already download the ticket for my connection, even without reservation. Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 12 February 2022, 14:21

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

To provide a answer it´s usefull for us which specific connection you are intending to go?
Route? on which date?

Hi, sure, sorry. Its Wednesday 23th at 8:30 from Lyon Part-Dieu (France) to Uebach-Palenberg (Germany). Unfortunately, I can only find this connection in the app and not on the website. The seat reservation is necessary for the TGV of the connection from Lyon to Bruxelles-Midi.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Emilia

I assume these connection?

please note that Reservations for the TGV to Brussels are limited and can be sold out (besides that they are quite expensive arround 30€ 😕 ) only this train is reservation compulsory means you could try to reserve just this specific train :) Online or at a french ticket office :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14
Here two reservation free connections

Thank you so much for checking and giving the alternatives!

Exactly, the reservation would unfortunately be at 20€. So you think that the connection is not shown on the Interail website because there are no more seats available?

Maybe I should just go to a station the next few days and ask if I can make a reservation on the spot. 

Okay perfect, thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Maybe I should just go to a station the next few days and ask if I can make a reservation on the spot. 

The best is to go to a station ASAP for this reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This route that sebastian seewulf shows-via GNV-Swiss, does NOT require any REervatiopn-you can do the ICE in DE if you really want.

You could also ask/try for use the FR TGV only till LILLE and then use the normal hourly train to Tournai/Doornik-Brussel and then ICE. Should be more trains and lower pricing, but takes a little longer.