Solved

Reservation for train between Bratislava and Krakow

• 14 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

In a few months I would like to take the train from Bratislava to Krakow. The train number would be EC130. Depart from Bratislava is 10:57 and arrival in Krakow would be 17:09.

I checked several websites, including the Interrail reservation system, and it seems almost impossible to make a reservation for this train in advance. Does anyone have experience in travelling with this train and making a reservation?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

JorritK

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 April 2022, 04:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can book a reservation Bratislava - Kraków via Czech railways. Price is 75 CZK (~3.07€). You have to add the discount card Interrail Global Pass. In the results, you'll see a link "I want a reservation only”. Click on it, wait for the price to appear and then confirm.

Other than that, a ticket office can do it, e.g. in Germany or Austria.

@rvdborgt You see that's why I was so specific about the train. Its not possible to buy a ticket via Czech Railways. Also when I add Interrail as discount, the train disappears in the list of possible trains.

I might give a ticket office in Germany a try.

Kind regards,

JorritK

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You see that's why I was so specific about the train. Its not possible to buy a ticket via Czech Railways. Also when I add Interrail as discount, the train disappears in the list of possible trains.

I tested this and could get to the payment page. What's your travel date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In a Few MONTHes-that means it maybe even too early now to do it. All this eternal panick about ´full´ trains so long ahead is total nonsense-you do not even really need a Seat res untill you reach PL itself. So I assume you stay the odd fay in SK?BL: then on arrival pass counter and do it. IF you are yound, student, from Eu and <26, you cane even also get a small pass to get free train travel In SK.