Solved

Reservation Highspeed Trains to Paris

• 26 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey Guys,

I want to travel from Hamburg to Paris at 01.10.2022. My ticket says I have to make seat reservations, but I can’t purchase any seat reservation for a high speed train (TGV or THA) on that day (even not on the next day). I find it hard to believe, that any train is sold out. So I’m thinking maybe I’m doing something wrong. Can you please help me?

PS: under every train ist the information written:

Prices unavailable
No results were found for this compound. All pass holder seats may be sold out. Please try to find another connection or see "More Info" for alternative ways to book this seat reservation. If no more pass holder seats are available, you will need to purchase a separate full fare ticket to take this train. //

Für diese Verbindung wurden keine Ergebnisse gefunden. Möglicherweise sind alle Sitzplätze für Passinhaber ausverkauft. Bitte versuche, eine andere Verbindung zu suchen, oder informiere dich unter „Weitere Infos“ über alternative Möglichkeiten zur Buchung dieser Sitzplatzreservierung. Falls keine Sitzplätze für Passinhaber mehr verfügbar sind, musst du eine separate Fahrkarte zum Normalpreis kaufen, um diesen Zug zu nehmen.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 26 September 2022, 13:45

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Greetings

Could you add a bit more details of your planned route? Which trains do you want to take? Where do you want to switch trains? Where are you trying to book?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Could you please specify which trains (route, departure time) you are trying to book?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We usually recommend to avoid the Thalys trains, their reservation policy is very disadvantegeous for Interrail users.

Details on getting TGV (SNCF) reservations you can find here:

TGV’s regularly sell out, sometimes well in advance, especially in weekends.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Maybe the long weekend+ 3/10 when all the Germans go out+about.

You can nearly always-but with longer time, use an ICE In DE-no RES as such mandatory and go via Saarbrucken/Lauter- or Wissembourg/Offenburg to a near FR city with domestic TGV-will be a lot cheaper too.

The surcharge to use TLS with pass is very high-nearly as much as the cheapest normal advance ticket. Tls also still seems to suffer from less trains in service.