Solved

Reservation not possible

Hello Interrail!
I wanted to show my parents that Interrail is fun and flexible. Unfortunately we are not able to make a reservation for the eurostar from London to Bruxelles next wednesday. Furthermore I was not able to find the website for reservations for the stena line ferry. So they are about to make a refund of our passes and buy a flight ticket. Is there some way you can help me? I really wanted to show them that trains are better than flights...

I would be very grateful if you could give me a fast answer.

Greetings,
Caroline
icon

Best answer by AnnaB 7 July 2022, 12:04

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately you are far too late to get pass holder seats on the Eurostar for next week and probably for most of July.

There is a limited number of pass holder seats on the Eurostar and on popular departures and during high season those sell out weeks, and sometimes months in advance.

The best place to see the availability of passholder seats on the Eurostar is 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What ferry route are you looking for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In normal times, you would probably have found seats but this summer it is so busy that Eurostar pass holder seats sell out weeks in advance.

The first available seat for 1 person London - Brussels is currently on 16 July (1st class) or 30 July (2nd class).

You can check for yourself here:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

This website only shows trains with available pass holder seats. Keep clicking on "Later trains” if nothing comes up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Stena ferry would probably be Harwich - Hoek van Holland:

https://benefitsportal.eurail.com/benefits/stena-line/

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Try the ferry Harwich-Hoek van Holland as written by @rvdborgt 

Otherwise you can try some ferry routes in the south west of England to France (or maybe Dover-Calais, if they are still running?). Overall that way shouldn’t be much more expensive than with Interrail.

And keep in mind: airports are a nightmare this summer (overcrowded, lots of cancelled flights, ...) and it wouldn’t be more relaxed for sure.

Hello you lovely people!

Thank you for your quick help! Unfortunaly the ferry is too complicated to reach by train and takes too much time.

So now we refund our passes and fly.

I have to say that this is very sad and disappointing in times in which we try to safe the environment..

Try the ferry Harwich-Hoek van Holland as written by @rvdborgt 

Otherwise you can try some ferry routes in the south west of England to France (or maybe Dover-Calais, if they are still running?). Overall that way shouldn’t be much more expensive than with Interrail.

And keep in mind: airports are a nightmare this summer (overcrowded, lots of cancelled flights, ...) and it wouldn’t be more relaxed for sure.

Thank you! The ferry from Dover to Calais is indeed a good alternative. Do you know if it is included in the interrail pass? If yes, do I have to book a reservation like in the Eurostar?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you! The ferry from Dover to Calais is indeed a good alternative. Do you know if it is included in the interrail pass? If yes, do I have to book a reservation like in the Eurostar?

The ferry is not included you have to pay on your own for that.

Thank you very much! This community is faster and more helpful than the people from Interrail itself!(:

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you very much! This community is faster and more helpful than the people from Interrail itself!(:

Thats why this community exits to help each other :) Eurail/Interrail doesnt have that much personell that the Railcompanies have. The Customer Service should be used for “difficult” questions or problems that need action from them (Like transfer a MobilePass from a stolen phone to a new one).

If somebody want full service they should contact a travelagency that is speciallised for Interrail /Eurail or in General for Railtravel. They can sort usually everything out but ofcourse wanna be paid for their Service :)

Eurail is no classic tour/Holiday operator like Tui or ThomasCook :)