Solved

Reservation on Italian Night Trains

• 26 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Hey peepz,

this is my first interrail journey. I want to to visit Italy.
I want to take the night train from Bologna (Intercitynotte 35075, departure: 23:10) to Lecce (arrival: 9:00).
I would like to reserve a place in a couchette car. These tickets are bookable on trenitalia.com but i cannot find a single option on the eurail reservation tool.

Can someone help me?

Regards from Leipzig
aangespeeld

icon

Best answer by seewulf 26 June 2021, 21:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey peepz,

this is my first interrail journey. I want to to visit Italy.
I want to take the night train from Bologna (Intercitynotte 35075, departure: 23:10) to Lecce (arrival: 9:00).
I would like to reserve a place in a couchette car. These tickets are bookable on trenitalia.com but i cannot find a single option on the eurail reservation tool.

Can someone help me?

Regards from Leipzig
aangespeeld

You could try it in a DB Reisezentrum next to you :) (Depends how the Staff know the system but they should be able to reserve. Note that due Covid actual only Private Compartments are sold (means you get your own just for you) as the reservation fee for a single Compartment can be quite high you may consider to use Saverfares of trenitalia :) As Backup you can ask one of these Ticketoffices

Here a Page with the reservation fee´s i was able to book Palermo - Milan (a 23hrs) ride for just 89€ in a private sleeper compartment at trenitalia´s homepage:) (Ticket & Reservation in one)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@seewulf 

Thanks to your tip, I also looked at the TRENITALIA site, for a night train in Italy. More precisely, intercity notte 797.

The prices without discount, for the deluxe compartment for 1 person, start from 89.90 euros.
So much cheaper than the surcharge if you travel with Interrail, if the information is still correct on the rail.cc website ( 122 euros )

If I'm right, have you taken the intercity notte 798 before?
If so, how was your experience with this train?