Solved

Reservation Paris - Frankfurt

• 8 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone :)

I would like to book a train from Paris to Frankfurt.

I saw the train I want on Oui.sncf and DB website, it’s an ICE train. I can’t find any option for the Interrail pass on the passenger settings. 

Does someone know how to do it?

Thanks for you help! :)

icon

Best answer by MartinM 8 July 2021, 09:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey again :D

maybe you can do it on the Interrail App (but there’s a service fee!).
On oui.sncf and DB website it is not possible and never was possible (while domestic reservations inside France were possible until a while ago online).

If you live near a station with a ticket office, you could also go there and make the reservation there. Price should be 13 euro if it didn’t change (2nd class). 
If you have no station with a ticket office near to you and are afraid that it sells out, you could take a Paris-Strasbourg TGV (or Paris-Forbach), which can also be reserved at a ticket machine and then take a regional train across the border and continue from there to Frankfurt. This reservation should cost 10 euro.

Hi Martin !

Thanks again for your help :)

I did it on the Interrail app, it worked! 

2 years ago, I booked a reservation on Oui.sncf. I didn’t understand why I couldn’t do it again.

I have another question haha

I would like to book a train from Berlin to Wroclaw. I found one with direct connection. But for some reasons, the Interrail app don’t have the price of the reservation and I can’t book it. 

I tried on the PKP Intercity website but I still don’t understand how to book a seat reservation, not a ticket…

Thank you so much for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi :)

Yeah 2 months ago oui.sncf erased their Interrail/Eurail option on their bookig platform 😕 they say for a “update” i guess that they wan´t to make more money with standard tickets :D
on oui.sncf you could only reserve domestic trains within in France and the the TGV service to Milan.

Berlin - Wroclaw

there are up to 3 trains per day
the Eurocity 57 depature at 10.37 🙂 daily (reserve at a ticket office or call Deutsche Bahn)
the Eurocity/Euronight at 18.43 :)  daily (reserve at a ticket office or call Deutsche Bahn)
and the special culture train that only goes fridays and saturdays to Wroclaw (Interrail not valid but tickets are pretty cheap just 19€:) https://www.vbb.de/fileadmin/user_upload/VBB/Dokumente/Kulturzug/kulturzug-fahrplan-20210707.pdf

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey again,

I’d have another suggestion for the route from Berlin to Wroclaw, in case you like train trips (and don’t see it only as a transport from A to B): take the train to the German border town of Görlitz from Berlin (with change in Dresden for example). And from there you can either walk across the border or take a train across the border to Zgorzelec (Polish for Görlitz), from where you can get a local train to Wroclaw.
Görlitz itself is definitely worth a short stopover. It is a beautiful city and also the most easternmost city of Germany ;). It is also historically interesting as before 1945 Görlitz and Zgorzelec were one city.

One more advantage of this route: No reservation needed ;) Disadvantage: takes some more time.

Good trip once more ;-)

Yeah 2 months ago oui.sncf erased their Interrail/Eurail option on their bookig platform 😕 they say for a “update” i guess that they wan´t to make more money with standard tickets :D
on oui.sncf you could only reserve domestic trains within in France and the the TGV service to Milan.

Berlin - Wroclaw

the Eurocity 57 depature at 10.37 🙂 daily (reserve at a ticket office or call Deutsche Bahn)
the Eurocity/Euronight at 18.43 :)  daily (reserve at a ticket office or call Deutsche Bahn)
and the special culture train that only goes fridays and saturdays to Wroclaw (Interrail not valid but tickets are pretty cheap just 19€:) https://www.vbb.de/fileadmin/user_upload/VBB/Dokumente/Kulturzug/kulturzug-fahrplan-20210707.pdf

Hi !

Thanks for all the informations :)

I saw the train from Berlin to Warclaw at 10:37 but couldn’t book a seat in the Interrail app.

Do you think I can book it in an office in France? 

Hey again,

I’d have another suggestion for the route from Berlin to Wroclaw, in case you like train trips (and don’t see it only as a transport from A to B): take the train to the German border town of Görlitz from Berlin (with change in Dresden for example). And from there you can either walk across the border or take a train across the border to Zgorzelec (Polish for Görlitz), from where you can get a local train to Wroclaw.
Görlitz itself is definitely worth a short stopover. It is a beautiful city and also the most easternmost city of Germany ;). It is also historically interesting as before 1945 Görlitz and Zgorzelec were one city.

One more advantage of this route: No reservation needed ;) Disadvantage: takes some more time.

Good trip once more ;-)

Hi Martin!

Thank you so much, I’ll take a look at it :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Berlin - Wroclaw

Hi !

Thanks for all the informations :)

I saw the train from Berlin to Warclaw at 10:37 but couldn’t book a seat in the Interrail app.

Do you think I can book it in an office in France? 

The train Berlin - Wroclaw - Krakow is usually not so crowded and you can reserve it in Germany at a ticket office for sure :) don´t know if SNCF can manage this reservation