Solved

Reservation problem - NightJet Wien-Paris

• 29 April 2022
  • 2 replies

Hello, as part of my interrail pass, I would like to book the night train: NJ 469 (Paris-Est to Wien Meilding) on July 19, 2022 at 7:57 p.m. However, when I go to the reservation site by logging in with my pass, I am only offered two options: a seat at 21.9€ (I don't want to) or a single person cabin at 151€ ( far too expensive). However, when I do a search without logging in, the option "Bed in a 6-berth compartment" I want to take at 44€. This option is not present when I connect with my pass, why? In addition, the prices are more expensive when I connect with my pass. Why ? Thank you for your reply.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 April 2022, 17:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like you're looking at the reservations module on Interrail website

Without logging in, it will show prices without booking fee and without checking for availability. Also, the prices mentioned are not always correct, as we see in this case, since a couchette is 49.90€ and not 44€.

When you log in, it will show prices with a 2€ booking fee per person and train and with checking availability.

The NJ however is best booked via ÖBB using these steps (no booking fee). For 19 July, couchettes are still available, or also a sleeper in all categories.

I'm not sure why Interrail only shows seats and a single sleeper. That looks like a bug to me.

Ok great ! Thank you very much !