Solved

Reservation question, Amsterdam to Paris

• 23 June 2022
  • 1 reply

I tried to make a reservation the other day for four of us to travel from Amsterdam to Paris in mid July. After I paid $51 for this and made the reservation, I received tickets by email, but only for the part of the journey in France, from Lille to Paris. I think this may have something to do with how the different nations’ rail lines handle reservation, but I don’t know. Does anyone know why this is? If the other rail lines handle tickets differently, how do o get my hands on my reservations?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 23 June 2022, 06:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

WHAT did you exactly book-thats obviously the very first thing to check. The direct Thalys on this line is 30€/pp per ride-so the amount (we always use € here-noone will want USD) indicates you have actually booked the hurly TGV=the cheaper passholder ALternative.

SO; use regional RESfree train ev hour toAntwerpen-go up from low level (follow crowd) admire this ´railway cathedral´ for 10 mins, then find train to Lille (or Kortrijk-chnage again) and in LIlle you may have-or not to swap stations (10 min easy walk in between or 1 stop on unstaffed metro-payable). It lenthens the triptime, it lowes the cost a lot and you even get to see more and have some sights these hi-speedo trains do not show you. DO DO check times carefully!