Solved

Reservation refund

• 18 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Heyyy, does anyone know if its’s possible to get a refund for booked seat reservations booked through the Interrail website? I thinkt the company is Deutsche Bahn.

If you know anything about it I’d appreciate a reply :)

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 18 August 2022, 14:55

View original

4 replies

Badge +5

No refund unless the train did not run 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is the information about refunds of seat reservations. 

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/reservations/can-i-get-a-refund-for-a-reservation-ive-purchased-but-wont-use

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Its only 4,50 for just a seat. IF done the best way: directly on bahn.com

Any more you´ve ;paid (unless it was a special train with higher fees) is never returned.

IF it was your fault-you were too late, changed plans/whatever-there is no refund at all.

IF it was the railways fault (happens quite often in DE) then you MAY get a voucher for it (often even at 5€-as they lack for now those for 4,50) to spend for other such RES or for spend in the bistro-car (which has high prices anyway)-but that will only be feasible if you are still in DE by them at counter.

The general rule is you may change it for other train/other date BEFORE the original has left.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Booked reservations for trains with optional reservation of Deutsche Bahn via interrail.eu or eurail.com are reservations of Belgian Railways SNCB/NMBS. You can see this, due to the price. DB askes in 2nd class 4,50€/journey, SNCB 6€/train, Interrail.eu 6€+2€/train, CD about 3€/train and ÖBB 3€/train. Most reservations for trains with optional reservation are non refundable.