Solved

Reservation sleeping compartment Stockholm - Boden

• 12 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello,

is it possible to reserve a sleeping compartment with an interrail pass 1. class? I have one, bute I can only reserve sit or couchette 2. class. At sj.se I only can reserve sit or couchette, for sleeping compartment I have to pay the full price.

Can someone help me? I only bought the interrail 1. class because of using sleeping compartments. If this wouldt be possible, this pass has no sense for me.

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by Konrad 13 April 2022, 15:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I also see a bed in a sleeping compartment for SEK 470 but indeed not a sleeping compartment for single use.

I thought I had seen pass prices for a single before in Sweden but maybe that was for another train. You'd better ask Vy how to book a single with a pass.

You can also ask at the DB ticket office if they can do it. They can normally also book Swedish trains, although I'm not sure if they can book Vy trains.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This remains a kind of mystery-I´ve seen numerous Questions about this nighttrain-whch is now by VY (former NSB-Norge) and their site is not clear about it, nor is SJ. In SE resrobot is the country-wide universal travel planner.

Thank you for your answers. I called Vy today via phone. Reservation for 1st class or private compartment isn’t possible with Interrail for all of their trains in Sweden and Norway. Unfortunately, this fact isn’t communicated as well and I bought my Interrail for nothing. Even the Interrail homepage calls prices for such reservations on this routes...

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you for your answers. I called Vy today via phone. Reservation for 1st class or private compartment isn’t possible with Interrail for all of their trains in Sweden and Norway. Unfortunately, this fact isn’t communicated as well and I bought my Interrail for nothing. Even the Interrail homepage calls prices for such reservations on this routes...

Hi Konrad, Content has been made clearer on the website thanks to your feedback. VY and SJ have different sleeping accommodation offers. So far it's not possible to book private compartments for VY trains, we simply don't have that option. We don't foresee a quick negotiation that would allow it to happen soon but we will keep on trying. Cheers,

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I will be doing this route 

I am confused - why would you NOT expect to pay the full price for a single compartment? I fully expect to pay the normal (Non IR) rate for sleeping accommodation /food etc.

Have l misunderstood something? 

Hi Konrad, Content has been made clearer on the website thanks to your feedback. VY and SJ have different sleeping accommodation offers. So far it's not possible to book private compartments for VY trains, we simply don't have that option. We don't foresee a quick negotiation that would allow it to happen soon but we will keep on trying. Cheers,

When you say clearer, do you mean that you just removed the information? I only bought my rail pass a few days ago in preparation for a trip to Kiruna with my because it was advertised as possible to book a private compartment. Having purchased my ticket are you now saying that it was falsely advertised? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to look at the offers from the different railway companies that run the night trains in Sweden.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/night-trains/sj-night-trains

On the SJ trains you can get a separate compartment, but not on VY, who run the trains to Kiruna. It is clear on the web site when you look at the offers from SJ and VY.