Solved

Reservation ticket shows seat number instead of couchette number

I have emailed customerservice@interrail.eu 4 days ago regarding why my night train ticket from Genova to Rome shows price of 3 Euros when I have actually been charged 122 euros. The reservation ticket also states it is a second class ticket when I have actually booked the first class couchette. The ticket shows a seat number instead of a couchette number. i.e 14A, 14B etc.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 3 June 2022, 17:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have emailed customerservice@interrail.eu 4 days ago regarding why my night train ticket from Genova to Rome shows price of 3 Euros when I have actually been charged 122 euros. The reservation ticket also states it is a second class ticket when I have actually booked the first class couchette. The ticket shows a seat number instead of a couchette number. i.e 14A, 14B etc.

On which day is that journey?

Please note that in Italy there is no 1st class couchette. All couchettes are 2nd class.

I am travelling on 28th June. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

122€ however sounds like the supplement for a sleeper for single use.

Please note that this is more expensive than the normal fare currently available: you can have a single sleeper for €89.90:

And you don't need a travel day.

thank you for highlighting that I could have obtained the tickets outside of the interrail website. That is very useful especially as it is flexible to use any day. However my problem is I have paid for single couchette but been issued a second class seat and second class ticket of 3 Euros, when I have charged 122 euros. But if I use the tool to refund then I might not receive the full refund as is not my fault.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

However my problem is I have paid for single couchette but been issued a second class seat and second class ticket of 3 Euros, when I have charged 122 euros. But if I use the tool to refund then I might not receive the full refund as is not my fault.

Indeed, do not request a refund via the tool. Customer support should handle this. They are very busy but will get back to you.

Excellent thank you. I wasn’t sure weather to request through tool.