Reservation train UK

• 30 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I'm Vincent and I am planning to travel trough Europe, visit big city's and visit football games. I have bought a Global Pass with 10 days traveling within 2 months. Now I need to reservate my first trip: Utrecht to Manchester Piccadilly August 27th. Via the app I can book the train from Rotterdam Centraal to London (which is very expansive! 45 euros!). But the train from London to Manchester I cannot book… I don't know where I can book this train. Also I need to go back out of Manchester and take the train: Manchester Piccadilly-London September 1th. How can i book these trains?

Maybe you can also help me with the following trips. Which train can't I book via the app and where can I book it? 

-Nice-Barcelona

-Barcelona-Genoa

-Milan-Budapest

I would love to hear something

Regards,

Vincent Ruis

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can reserve the train London - Manchester directly and for free by contacting the Railcompany :) in this case it should be Avanti West Coast :)

Just write them a message (they may ask a picture of your railpass :D )

https://www.facebook.com/avantiwestcoastrail

Nice - Barcelona and Barcelona - Girona can be done via reservation service :)

Mailand - Budapest on which Route via Switzerland and Nighttrain
via Venice and Vienna or via  Trieste - Lubljana - Budapest
so many routes are possible :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The British train operating companies decided, even pre-Brexit, that they didn't need to be connected anymore to other reservation systems and made it impossible to book reservations from abroad. However, seat reservations are usually free when done in GB.