Solved

Reservation Wien - Venezia; not available

• 26 July 2022
  • 4 replies

I Wanted to go from Wien to Venezia. In OBB it says that ticket is not available, which I guess that this means that is free for Interrail users. But, in the other hand, in Rail Planner says that I have to book a reservation to get into that train. What does that mean?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 26 July 2022, 12:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

When are you travelling? Currently the train is not running due to works till 31/07/2022. There is a bus replacement between Villach and Venice.

On Railjet trains Vienna-Venice the reservation is optional, but for the italian part is a 10€ fee to pay. You can buy it via ÖBB online.

I wanted to book a reservation from budapest to venezia 12th of august from 18:40 to 8:34 in OBB. I paid 6 euros to book a reservation from Budapest to Wien, but from Wien to Venezia it says that tickets are not available. That train is a Nightjet, but if you say that the reservation is optional, I guess it is because of that

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

NO- NJ and about ALL nigh trains MUST be REServed-and that can be done via oebb at but on anOTHERway-which has been told here a few million times now-as about all Qs here from newbees.

In fact Bp->Wien is optional RES only

A seat in the NJ is 14€ via oebb, but many, many trains are indeed FULLy booked for weeks ahead.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Alvaro Jarabo The direct Nightjet to Venice is full if you check tickets.oebb.at,

try to book NJ233 direction Milano Porta Garibaldi and book Vienna-Padova

or NJ1237 direction Livorno and book Vienna-Padova

via tickets.oebb.at with the ONE WAY TICKET option and add at adult the discount Interrail/Eurail Globalpass (from 14€ for a seat, seat reservation compulsory). 

From Padova to Venice buy a Ticket for regional trains for 4,60€/person to not use a new travel day. If you have a continues pass (like 22 days or 1 month Pass) than use that, because you don’t need a new day.