Solved

Reservations cannot be booked

Hello, I have a problem because I really need to do some reservations for next week, but the reservation tool on the website doesn't work and I can't do it in the app as well. And I can't do it on any other website nor will I have the time to buy it at the station. The website just does not load or closes itself again and again when I try to write the directions. Can you help me please! It is urgent:grin:

icon

Best answer by Nanja 7 March 2022, 10:03

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The website is working for me in Chrome: I can select a reservation and get to the payment page.

1. Which browser do you use?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, please post a screenshot.
  3. Do you get stuck somewhere? If so, please post a screenshot of the page where you get stuck.

To be able to find alternatives, please post the details of the trains you'd like to book: origin, destination, date, departure time.

I see you're from Germany: if Deutsche Bahn can book the reservations, but you don't have time to go to a ticket office before leaving for your journey, you can call the DB international service at 030 5512 (or via the general number 030 2970) and collect your reservations from a DB ticket machine (Bahn-Tix).

1. I am using Safari as a browser, I tried inkognito and all
  2. There is no error message, the page just does not react anymore
  3. And the train I still need to reserve is on the 8th of march from Paris to Frankfurt (Main) at 5:08pm until 9:01pm.

I will try to call the DB tomorrow.

Thank you already!

I have same issue. On mobile phone and iPad. Tried chrome, safari and edge on iPad. All crash. Managed to get further on cellphone but it will not accept and save county for billing address and you can only choose a radio button. So frustrated, cannot get assistance. So thought to cancel everything and just book through Trenitalia. Go to delete trip, it says I need to delete travellers first, but they won’t let me delete travellers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Strange… I can just fill out the form and click on "Find route” below it.

There are still seats available for pass holders on this train. DB can definitely book this train; if you're currently in France, then the best is to go to a ticket office.

I have the same issue with safari, chrome on Mac, iPad and iPhone.   It is impossible to use the website to book seat reservation.   I realize that this is a community forum, but is anyone at eurail customer support reading this?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

IIt is impossible to use the website to book seat reservation.   I realize that this is a community forum, but is anyone at eurail customer support reading this?  

On Monday, somebody from Eurail staff will read the messages here. Otherwise, you can contact support here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nanja @Leo @Felipe.iturrieta 

Looks like there are some problems with the reservation tool :/ 

I am also having problems using the reservation tool, it just keeps crashing half way through the process. I have tried for the last few days and the same outcome each time. I am staying in rural Italy but need to make a reservation for a train tomorrow - not sure there’s any other way of making the reservation because I’m nowhere near a train station with a ticket office. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Tomo317  If you let us know which Route ? We maybe could show you a other way to reserve :) 

@seewulf thanks! We’re going from Salerno to Roma Termini. My understanding is that you could previously make reservations directly with Trenitalia online but that this is no longer possible. I also tried on the OBB website which worked all the way until the payment stage but then failed. I might try that again as it’s the closest I’ve got yet…

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@seewulf thanks! We’re going from Salerno to Roma Termini. My understanding is that you could previously make reservations directly with Trenitalia online but that this is no longer possible. I also tried on the OBB website which worked all the way until the payment stage but then failed. I might try that again as it’s the closest I’ve got yet…

ÖBB can´t reserve this train for sure online. 
Maybe via phone (still the problem of delivery) 

The best would be to call Trenitalia (i was few years back able to reserve via phone but iam not sure if they still offer this option i got then my reservation as PDF via E-Mail)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The best would be to call Trenitalia (i was few years back able to reserve via phone but iam not sure if they still offer this option i got then my reservation as PDF via E-Mail)

That sounds like an interesting option. Unfortunately the Trenitalia website seems to have a problem right now (all pages result in an error) so I can't find any call centre number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Astra , @Bexter1709 , @Tomo317, this is an issue on our side. Our IT team is working on a fix. Once I know more, I will let you know. 

Update: the issues have been resolved. 

Thank you.