Solved

Reservations for Intercity Notte Bologna – Lecce

• 2 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello!

I am planning a trip that involved the Italian night train from Bologna Centrale to Lecce and since I’d like to just use the travel day that I’ve already started that day, I’d prefer taking the night train before midnight, ICN 765, instead of the faster ICN 755 that leaves after midnight. However, when I am trying to find it on the Railplanner search engine it only ever shows up until Bari where I’m supposed to change to a Regionale that would be faster than staying onboard the ICN765 – but would mean a new travel day or an extra ticket even though the night train actually continues to Lecce.

There seems to be no way of getting Railplanner to show me the whole trajectory to Lecce even though it definitely exists – Railplanner itself shows Lecce as the final destination.

Does anyone know how to fix this or has experience with the route? I’m wondering if it would be acceptable to just stay on the couchette for the last three hours since nobody would be taking it anway? (But it wouldn’t officially be on my ticket which worries me...)

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Hektor 2 August 2023, 22:20

View original

2 replies

Servus, nimm 'Taranto" als Via-Stopp, dann wird er angezeigt (Taste "Filter", dann "Hinzufügen" hinter "Stopp hinzufügen (über)" und da dann "Taranto" eingeben, dann "Aktualisieren").

Danke! Ich hatte es zuletzt immer auf der Webseite versucht und da kam dann immer, wenn ich ‘via’ versucht habe, etwas absurdes wie ICN nach Taranto, dann Frecciarossa nach Bari und wieder weiter nach Lecce. Aber in der App klappt’s – verwirrend, aber danke!

EN: It works using the ‘via’ function and putting Taranto as a stop – but for some reason (at least for me) only with the app and not the website. Thanks to Hektor!