Solved

Reservations for multiple travellers

• Rail rookie
  • 2 replies

Hi

I’m a bit  confused about the best way to manage reservations for two of us travelling together. It seems there are two ways to manage a multi-person trip so that reservations are made together (so we can sit together): either by adding both travellers/passes to an account on the interrail web site or by adding both travellers/passes to the app on one mobile device.

I understand that these two options are not connected, so it’s one or the other. Which option should I choose? Are there advantages to using the app option, eg we can make reservations together and have the reservation on the phone (without having to print out)? 

Thanks

Lee

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 May 2022, 10:28

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to add other travellers to an account on the Interrail website. That is, if you book reservations via Interrail, since there are multiple (sometimes cheaper) ways of doing that.

Adding all passes in one app will not get you reservations booked together. Reservations are not done in the app (it will just forward to some of the websites where you can make reservations) and reservations do not show up in the app after booking them.

You don't normally need to print any reservations, although it's a good idea for a night train.

Thanks for the quick response. That's clear and helpful. So, I will need a pass cover number to make reservations right? And I get that by contacting customer services?

Thanks again

Lee

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So, I will need a pass cover number to make reservations right?

Only for some websites, but these are quite useful for France, Thalys, Eurostar and SJ.

And I get that by contacting customer services?

In principle, yes, but they're very busy. @Magdalena, could you help?

Thank you, we will be travelling via Eurostar and in France, so any help with getting the pass cover number would be much appreciated. 

Lee

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you, we will be travelling via Eurostar and in France, so any help with getting the pass cover number would be much appreciated.

In that case, you can also call SNCF (press #85 for English) and book there. No pass cover number needed, no booking fee. The call won't be free of course.

So, I will need a pass cover number to make reservations right?

Only for some websites, but these are quite useful for France, Thalys, Eurostar and SJ.

And I get that by contacting customer services?

In principle, yes, but they're very busy. @Magdalena, could you help?

Hi @Lee

I sent you a private message. :)