Solved

Unable to book seat reservation on b-Europe website

• 19 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Dear Community,

I need urgently help regarding my booking issue for a connection from Lyon to Barcelona next Monday, 26 September, which is part of my travel from Germany to Madrid. 

I ordered the Cover Pass Number but I am not able to book the seat reservation for the connection from Lyon to Barcelona on the https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish website.It does not even show Barcelona as a destination to go to from Lyon.

I have no idea how to get a seat reservation now for this connection. It also tells me in the Eurail reservation tool that the ticket is only issued in paper and therefore needs to be sent by mail which impossible to Germany apparently. I already went to the DB Reisezentrum but they couldn’t assist in this issue since its SNCF who is in charge for the connection.

I am more than happy for any hints and help.
Thank you very much in advance.
Franzi

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 19 September 2022, 10:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That reservation can't be made through b-europe. Here is information about the known ways to make reservations between France and Spain. 

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105/index2.html?postid=18423#post18423

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If seats are left for Pass users (I don't think so, because it is too late for the very bussy RENFE-SNCF trains) you can buy it at DB Reisezentrum, or Ticket Offices and Call Center or SNCF, SNCB/NMBS. Also SBB Ticket Offices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On 26 September, the 14:35 departure from Lyon should have available seats:

DB should also be able to book this at a ticket office or via phone (030 2970, collect at DB ticket machine). Prices from DB are €2 less than in the screenshot.

Alternatively, call SNCF (as mentioned in the link AnnaB posted) and they'll send the reservation via email. Book ASAP because pass holder seats are limited.