Solved

Reservations in Norway - short distance

• 13 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 15 replies

We have a 2 month first class pass and are heading to Norway today. I have booked reservations for long distance trains. It's a faff to book reservations on Norwegian trains because you can't just do it online.

On seat 61 it says that reservations are needed on "long distance trains" which implies they are not needed on all trains. 

My question is, is there an easy way to know if we need a reservation for a particular train? Is the interrail app accurate in this respect? I've just added a journey from Oslo Airport to the main station and there is no flag on the app saying that a reservation is needed but I'm not sure whether to trust that or not.

And another related question - can we book "SJ NORD premium" seats with our 1st class pass? Are they included? 

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 April 2023, 08:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The app may be accurate.

In any case, you don't need a reservation on the suburban trains around Oslo, such as the one from the airport. Just don't board a Flytoget train because they're not included.

Reservations can be done online by the way, by using the chat function on entur.no. Reservations with a first class pass are free of charge when booking via Entur and you'll be placed in Premium indeed.