Solved

Reservations Interrail: country of birth

I‘m currently trying to book a reservation for a train. They asked me for my country of birth. I can‘t choose the country I‘m from. I have the German Citizenship but I was not born in Europe. What can I do??

I need to use the train tommorow.

icon

Best answer by BrianL 29 March 2022, 22:45

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have never seen this question, and have no qualified answer, but if I were you I would simply say German and give the details requested. Good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

If you can say us, wich ruote, maybe it is possible to book it somewhere else without birthday and additional 2€ Interrail.eu fee. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have recently seen this for trains in Italy. But you can also book these via ÖBB using these steps. that's also cheaper than via Interrail, since ÖBB doesn't have a booking fee.

If you can say us, wich ruote, maybe it is possible to book it somewhere else without birthday and additional 2€ Interrail.eu fee. 

From Venezia Mestre to Roma Termini.

I will just try it early in the morning at the station.

I have recently seen this for trains in Italy. But you can also book these via ÖBB using these steps. that's also cheaper than via Interrail, since ÖBB doesn't have a booking fee.

I will have a look at it, Thanks! But I don’t know if the ÖBB works because it’s not a train to Austria/Germany. I want to go to from Venice to Rome. And I didn’t need to fill out my country of birth for the train coming to Venice. I’m really confused.

I have never seen this question, and have no qualified answer, but if I were you I would simply say German and give the details requested. Good luck!

I thought about it too. If the other things won’t work I’ll try this, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I will have a look at it, Thanks! But I don’t know if the ÖBB works because it’s not a train to Austria/Germany.

Many railway companies sell reservations for other companies at their ticket offices (including Deutsche Bahn, by the way). ÖBB recently started selling Italian pass reservations online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Currently due to a hacker attack against Trenitalia ticket offices in the stations are mostly out of order. If they can’t sell you a reservation, you are allowed to enter without ticket onboard of the train and pay on board (without extra fine). But if it is so, ask before boarding the train staff if it is ok. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is a result of the GReen Pass that ANYone needs to have to use ANY transit (also bus-metro etc) In IT. EURopeans can use their QR code for the covid vaccinations-and do note, in IT there it is mandatory to be 2x vaccinated.

There was also a recent same problem signalled hy someone from USA but born in Cuba-which was not listed at all in country list Now perhaps we have to watch& see how long it takes for OeBB to discover this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This is a result of the GReen Pass that ANYone needs to have to use ANY transit (also bus-metro etc) In IT. EURopeans can use their QR code for the covid vaccinations-and do note, in IT there it is mandatory to be 2x vaccinated.

There was also a recent same problem signalled hy someone from USA but born in Cuba-which was not listed at all in country list Now perhaps we have to watch& see how long it takes for OeBB to discover this.

From April 1st green pass (means fully vaccinated (max. 6 months) or 3 doses, recovered or tested) is needed only for trains that runs on more regions like Regionale Veloce (when route is in more regions) and in all highspeed trains and long distance trains. Trains can be full booked, and not more only 80%. 

ÖBB runs trains in Italy and they don’t ask this. I think this is more Trenitalias choice after it was mandatory at the beginning of the pandemic to know all about the passengers for contact tracing. 

Currently due to a hacker attack against Trenitalia ticket offices in the stations are mostly out of order. If they can’t sell you a reservation, you are allowed to enter without ticket onboard of the train and pay on board (without extra fine). But if it is so, ask before boarding the train staff if it is ok. 

Yea they told me that at the station too , but I just did it online anyways. Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is a result of the GReen Pass  that ANYone needs to have to use ANY transit (also bus-metro etc) In IT. EURopeans can use their QR code for the covid vaccinations-and do note, in IT there it is mandatory to be 2x vaccinated.

From April 1st green pass (means fully vaccinated (max. 6 months) or 3 doses, recovered or tested) is needed only for trains that runs on more regions like Regionale Veloce (when route is in more regions) and in all highspeed trains and long distance trains. Trains can be full booked, and not more only 80%. 

ÖBB runs trains in Italy and they don’t ask this. I think this is more Trenitalias choice after it was mandatory at the beginning of the pandemic to know all about the passengers for contact tracing. 

Sorry, I don’t understand “IT” here. What does it mean?

Is it OK for me to make a small correction, for accuracy?  --  ...that EVERYone needs to have to use ANY transit (also bus-metro etc) In IT. (Unlike some other languages, English uses different words to express these concepts.)
As a qualified translator and lover of my native tongue, English, I would be happy to make such suggestions in the future for ANYone who wishes it (just corrections that I feel might be important :-)  )

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I think Italy

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is a result of the GReen Pass  that ANYone needs to have to use ANY transit (also bus-metro etc) In IT. EURopeans can use their QR code for the covid vaccinations-and do note, in IT there it is mandatory to be 2x vaccinated.

I suppose it means Italy.