Reservations page doesn't work - need to book London to Paris

Hi all, I’m really struggling with the broken Interrail website and my holiday is getting nearer..

I’ve tried making seat reservations with 3 browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on 3 different devices (two laptops one iphone) and the page just won’t work. 

Sometimes the page doesn’t open and shows an error message. Other times when it lets me access the page and search for the train, it says I have to “create trip”, after which I have to “add travelers”. After I add travelers, it shows 0 trips and says I have to “create trip”. The loop is never ending. 

When I look at my trips under my account, it adds any new trip I create into “past trips”, not “upcoming trips”. 

The trip I’m trying to book is London to Paris (Eurostar) with a mobile pass. I’m currently in the UK. Any alternative ways to book?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes-just scan-read-these have been mentioned in various same-same Qs a few dozen times. Mostly via b-rail or sncf (call centre).

I-fone BTW? That is often the source of major probs-as mentioned also very often.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I just tried to make a reservation for the Eurostar at https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations#/login and it worked fine for me. I use a laptop with Firefox.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

You can book via NMBS , but you must first request your pass cover number via customer service. Reservation costs 4 euros.

You can book via NMBS , but you must first request your pass cover number via customer service. Reservation costs 4 euros.

Thank you Sven, I’ll try this. I tried SNCF earlier today but they said I can only reserve seats in person at the station or on the Interrail site.

Yes-just scan-read-these have been mentioned in various same-same Qs a few dozen times. Mostly via b-rail or sncf (call centre).

I-fone BTW? That is often the source of major probs-as mentioned also very often.

Yes, I saw the question had been asked before but there was no clear solution.. Some people have recommended calling a different website but international calls from the UK can be costly so I’m weighing the options.

It seems like the Interrail website has not worked properly for months (if not years) but still hasn’t been fixed, which seems mind-boggling for me.