Solved

Reservations required or not and where to book?

Hi, i Will travel with some Friends in August, can you give me some advices about seats reservation?

3 August

Bologna to Innsbruck 7:45-12:36 : Seat reservation Is mandatory? Where i can book it?

Innsbruck to Budapest 14:17-21:19 : Seat reservation Is mandatory? Where i can book it?

14 August

Munchen hbf to Bologna 13:34-20:16 :Seat reservation Is mandatory? Where i can book it?

For all the other trains i'll take the reservation is not required. Do you advice me to book Seat reservation?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by seewulf 9 June 2022, 18:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi, i Will travel with some Friends in August, can you give me some advices about seats reservation?

3 August

Bologna to Innsbruck 7:45-12:36 : Seat reservation Is mandatory? Where i can book it?
Reservation is not compulsory but highly recommened  3€ per seat at oebb.at :)
For the train you have to pay a surcharge of 10€ in 2nd class or 15€ in 1st class if traveling within Italy. You can pay this surcharge and reserve the train aswell via oebb.at (Add travelers and the discount Interrail/Eurail & then single & daytickets. DONT use the Seat only option if you wanna pay the surcharge in advance.)

Innsbruck to Budapest 14:17-21:19 : Seat reservation Is mandatory? Where i can book it?
Seat reservation is not mandatory but highly recommened you can reserve aswell at oebb.at for 3€ per seat

14 August

Munchen hbf to Bologna 13:34-20:16 :Seat reservation Is mandatory? Where i can book it?
Same Condition as for the Bologna to Innsbruck train.

For all the other trains i'll take the reservation is not required. Do you advice me to book Seat reservation?
Depends on the route and traveltime but i assume this summer will be quite busy and you may reserve seats especially  as a group to get seats next to each other.

Thanks

I answered with red text above.

So The surcharge, for the train from Bologna to Innsbruck and from munchen to Bologna, can be payed onboard or i have to take in advance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So The surcharge, for the train from Bologna to Innsbruck and from munchen to Bologna, can be payed onboard or i have to take in advance?

You could pay it onboard (since few weeks there is a warning that the surcharge onboard can be higher) , at a ticket office or online. When i paid the surcharge at a Italian Ticket office i´ve got sometimes the reservation for free.