Solved

Reservations TGV/Lyria

• 26 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

I’m a newbie here, tried to make a seat reservation for our family trip in June; 1/6/24 from Paris to Basel, many options showing “Pass Invalid”, advising me to either book another train or purchase a separate ticket; isn’t Eurail Global Pass including TGV/Lyria with a seat reservation fee?? Or perhaps it is still too early to reserve a seat for TGV, I saw many won’t available until 90 days or 60 days before the travel date, only Eurostar allows reservations 6 months in advance, which I was able to complete it without problems last night.

Thanks so much

icon

Best answer by Al_G 26 January 2024, 18:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It is too early for booking on regular TGV services, only the low-cost Ouigo are open which are not valid with passes.

The reservation fee on the France - Switzerland Lyria services are expensive, you can get them much cheaper by booking to Strasbourg and taking the non-reservable TER from there to Basel, it doesn’t add a huge amount to the journey time.

Badge

Hi thank you so much for such quick response

I’m glad to learn that it is just a bit too far advance to for reserving Lyria seats but the option is still there. Indeed, the reservation fee is not cheap at all. I will also look into other alternate options, perhaps make some stops in between for explorations.

Thanks again