Skip to main content
Solved

Salzburg - Ljjubljana

• 7 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Travelling from Salzburg to Ljubljana on a Friday in August. From what I understand we are ready to board with our passes and don’t need to reserve seats, but can if we wish to. Would you advise booking or do you think we will be ok without reservations? Would like to save money where possible, but equally am happy to pay if it’s worth it. 

Thank you :-) 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The trains will most likely be packed. If you don't mind sitting on the floor (or getting denied boarding in rare cases) don't make one.

However 3€ per person per train (through ÖBB) is worth the investment in my opinion. :)

Oh I must be looking in the wrong place then because the fee I saw wasn’t 3Euros per person! Is it more expensive to do it through the Interrail site? Also, it says ‘prices unavailable’ for the Villach-Ljubljana leg of the journey. Does that mean I’ve missed out on the pass holder reservations? 

Thanks for your help :-) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oh I must be looking in the wrong place then because the fee I saw wasn’t 3Euros per person! Is it more expensive to do it through the Interrail site?

Interrail charges 8 EUR for the same reservation that ÖBB charges 3 EUR. 

Oh I must be looking in the wrong place then because the fee I saw wasn’t 3Euros per person! Is it more expensive to do it through the Interrail site? Also, it says ‘prices unavailable’ for the Villach-Ljubljana leg of the journey. Does that mean I’ve missed out on the pass holder reservations? 

Thanks for your help :-) 

Don't worry. For this train there aren't any pass holder limitations. Just book the reservation and you're good to go. You don't even have to put a Global Pass as your discount as it's really just a seat reservation.