Solved

Schedules unavailable in the app after making a reservation

• 6 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I made a reservation on the eurail site (web). The trip is from Verona to Zurich. The Journey is from:

(1) Verona to Milan (Requires Reservation)

(2) Milan to Lugano (Youre ready to board)

(3) Lugano to Zurich (Youre ready to board)

The reservation required is only the first part so I booked it and got my ticket.

Part 2 and 3 of the journey, says on the journey, 'You're ready to board'. So I assumed that it doesn't require reservation.

My problem is, I can't find the same scheduled journey on my Rail Planner app.

On the eurail reservation the entire journey is from 10:02 AM (Verona) arrive at 14:55 (Zurich).

I'm having headache now, I dunno how to activate the same journey in my app and add it to may pass if I can find that exact scheduled trip. Hope you can help, it’s my first time 😭

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 6 June 2023, 16:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There's no need to add your journey to your app yet. Just wait until you are about to board and then check again. Often, the timetables will have been updated. If you still can't find one or more of your trains, then add the missing one(s) manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I assume that the connection is not shown on the app because there's a 4-min connection in Lugano and it doesn't show connections under 5 min.

Split the journey in 2 and it should work : Verona - Lugano and Lugano - Zurich

Lugano is a nice town if you'd like to make a stop for a while : trains every 30 min to Zurich.

Btw if you can afford the extra hour I very much recommend the Old Gotthard Railway (via Airolo on planners). Much more scenic than the 57-km Gotthard Tunnel :)

Actually you do not have to decide in advance as no seat reservations are required. You can stop whenever you want from Milan !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I assume that the connection is not shown on the app because there's a 4-min connection in Lugano and it doesn't show connections under 5 min.

Ah yes, that's possible. Then you can go into the filter settings and decrease the minimum change time.

Thank you all for your advice and recommendations ☺️