Solved

Seat reservation Barcelona - Lyon; did not receive confirmation email

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 17 replies

So yesterday I made a seat reservation from Barcelona to Lyon. I still haven't gotten any confirmation email, it is not even showing in the reservation overview but the payment was successful. What am I supposed to do now? I've already contacted the interrail team but any responses yet.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 2 July 2022, 23:12

View original

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What date is the reserve for? 

Badge

The reservation is for 10/09 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I know this ticket is shipped by standard mail. What delivery date did you get during the payment process?

Should the reservation be visible in the reservation overview? @seewulf @rvdborgt Is there a need to be worried?

Badge

Indeed it is shipped by standard mail, but isn't it obvious that I need a tracking number, a confirmation email etc.? The estimated delivery date is August 25th but it doesn't even show in the reservation overview, as I said. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Indeed it is shipped by standard mail, but isn't it obvious that I need a tracking number, a confirmation email etc.? The estimated delivery date is August 25th but it doesn't even show in the reservation overview, as I said. 

The tracking number abd everyhing you will recive when they finally booked it :) There are still humans behind the system that have to reserve for you ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I guess that you will receive the tracking number at the earliest in the middle of August.

Badge

The tracking number is sent at the same time you reserve the seats. I mean that's how it used to be when I booked some other seat reservations. So am I supposed to just wait? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The tracking number is sent at the same time you reserve the seats. I mean that's how it used to be when I booked some other seat reservations. So am I supposed to just wait? 

The tracking number is sent once the staff at Eurail have printed the ticket and handed the shipment over to the PostNL. I bought an Interrail paper pass on the 9th of May and I got my tracking number on the 24th of June. The delivery was made on the 28th of June.

Badge

What about the confirmation email then? I purchased sth and I don't even know if I'll get it. If I haven't checked the history of my bank account, I wouldn't even know they got the money. As I said it doesn't even show in the reservation overview. 

I have a similar problem, although mine was an e-ticket. I booked the reservation from Paris to Lausanne for 7/15, and paid with my credit card. Although the cc transaction went through, I received no confirmation email (which should also contain my e-ticket). Emails to Eurail have been fruitless; no one’s gotten back to me. It’s also frustrating that Eurail has no customer service telephone number. I don’t know how to resolve this. I thought I might try calling TGV early in the morning, but I don’t know if they can help me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don't know what information you should see in your Interrail account. You can always ask the question to Customer Support through this form.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Badge

I've sent many emails with no response, too. However, it is, indeed, a little worrying since I got my e-tickets a couple of minutes after the purchase. 

Badge

I haven't gotten any help from customer support, as well...

I've sent many emails with no response, too. However, it is, indeed, a little worrying since I got my e-tickets a couple of minutes after the purchase. 

They made sure they got their money!

Badge

Did you try the customer support?

Did you try the customer support?

I did try. I gave them the same information I gave this platform. The email I immediately received must have been a generic pre-fab one, because none of the issues I raised were addressed. In addition, they said they “would try” to get back to me within 2 days. I’m leaving on Wednesday, so that response provides little comfort.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

An e-ticket you get right away. The paper ticket you get in 8 weeks. That's the difference. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no use sending multiple emails to Customer Support. That will only make them more overloaded with work. Customer Support gives first priority to issues from people travelling right now, second priority to people travelling within 2 days, then comes people travelling within 2 weeks and so on. As your travel is several months away, you will have to be patient to get an answer. Don't send any more emails or so to Customer Support. 

What you can to is check the status of the requests you already sent. If you want to add information, you should do that to an existing request. 

I suggest that you try to log into the request database to look for the status of your requests logged for your email address. 

Use this link to come to the request database.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner.

Enter your email address and Click " Get a password".

If the system doesn't recognise your email address, then there is no request registered and you need to go back to the start screen and enter a request.

If you get a password, you can then log in and look at the status of your request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Michael Feder 

What did you need help within from Customer Support? If you create a new topic of your own, maybe the Community can help you.

Badge

8 weeks for the delivery not for getting a damn confirmation email. That’s what I’m saying. I can’t even cancel the seat reservation now since it doesn’t appear in the reservation overview. I don’t care about the fact they are overload with emails, it’s their job to manage every problem on time, a task which they have already failed successfully. It’s been almost a week and I really don’t know what to do.