Solved

Seat Reservation Bosphorus Express

• 6 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I’ll be travelling w/ my husband and 3 kids mid july and we plan to take the Bosphorus Express from Bucharest to Istanbul. The tickets seems to be only available at the Bucuresti Nord Rail Station. We will be arriving there only the same day of our departure. As we are 5, I’m a bit stress about getting the 5 couchettes booking only some hours before departure. 

If someone has feedback to tell me if it’s a busy train or not (especially in July), it would be nice. 

Thank you ! 

Anaïs

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 6 July 2023, 10:34

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

July is peak season and as you're 5 and arriving on the departure day, I'd make them in advance if possible. The only current way that works is by contacting Andy : https://www.seat61.com/trains-and-routes/bucharest-and-sofia-to-istanbul-by-train.htm#how-to-buy-tickets

There's a substantial booking fee of about 15€ (write that you've been directed to him by Seat61's website to reduce a bit the fee).

Ask him if it would be enough to book a whole compartment for yourselves. Yes there are only 4 couchettes AFAIK but otherwise you would be separated…

There is only one through couchette carriage from Bucharest attached to regional trains along the way. There are more carriages on the Sofia - Istanbul night train that you could join in Dimitrovgrad in case. But better if you can directly have your space from Bucharest !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'm curious if it will work this way. AFAIK Andy uses the DB system to issue these reservations and @seewulf wrote last week that DB could not book this train this year (they could last year).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I was wondering which system he uses too... then that might be complicated indeed.

Otherwise book regular tickets on CFR website : about 150€ for 4 people.

Unfortunately CFR doesn't want to sell them via email... you can always try though.