Solved

Seat reservation Budapest - Brasov - not enough time to receive by mail

I have made a reservation for a Night train Budapest-Brasov on 9 July and it is compulsory to be received by mail, but it says it would be received on 7th July and I will be travelling on that date. Is there any possibility to print those seat reservations by email? Or receive it in my direction and any familiar scan it and I print it afterwards?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 03:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That sounds risky. And a printed scan is not valid.

Better book at a ticket office that can do international reservations, e.g. in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Czechia, Hungary. You can also book by phone via DB (+49 30 2970) and then collect at a DB ticket machine (in Germany) or have it sent via the post. Or via ÖBB (+43 5 1717) and collect it in Austria.

But the company that operates that Night train is MAV, the hungarian company. And I am from Spain, so it is difficult to go to Germany and so on. Where can I contact Eurail in order to collect my seat reservations of the train Budapest-Brasov if we are from Spain. Is  it possible to collect it directly in a station or only is valid the post one that is sent to us? Is it possible to go directly to Budapest Station ,when we will be there, and collect our tickets directly from there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

DO you stay a few days in Bp before? I guess yes. IN that case- do not overworry (we have to tell this about each newbee here dozens of times/day) and go to a real estacion with MAV-find the INTERNational (nemzetkozi) desk and let them handle it there for you. THAT is the way anyone always did this untill the disaster of the new fone struck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Which countries will you pass before getting to Budapest?