Solved

Seat Reservation from Berlin to Amsterdam

• 24 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello I'm trying to reserve our seat from Berlin to Amsterdam on May 25, 2022 around 10:38 AM either direct or 1 change over. However, the reservation site states I have to find another connection??? Is it too early to reserve train seats right now? Thanks for looking!

icon

Best answer by mcadv 24 March 2022, 06:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  1. you do not need to REServe-it is optional, also for all IC/ICE trains from DB anywhere in and from Germany. Seats are marked on which sector these are REServed, so you can find an empty one.
  2. easiest-cheapest too, way is to simply use the planner of bahn.de itself-click on seat only. 4€ per ride, incl. even 1 transfer. Usually possible 3 or 4 month advance, you really do not have to rush to do that right after opening.
  3. I did not check the dates, but on various days, mostly weekends, there are WORKs on the rails, here/there/in between. That may mean the train does not make its full normal route. again bahn.de will tell more.
  4. the direct trains run via Hannover-Osnabrück-Hengelo (=first stop in NL), you can also go via Duisburg and change to 2-hourly ICE coming from FRAnkfurt to AMSterdam, a little detour, not really much more to see-grizzly industrial landscapes, but thats the alternative for 3
  5. BTW currently many Ukraynian refugees also use these trains