Solved

Seat reservation in paper format. Possible to get via email?

Hello,

I am starting my journey soon (this Sunday) but I realized just now that seat reservation are in paper format.

Is it possible to get seat reservation to your email?

How long does it take for the ticket to arrive?

Thank you, 

Megija

icon

Best answer by Angelo 7 July 2022, 16:17

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, it depends from train to train wich format is good. Please let us know your route 

Hi, it depends from train to train wich format is good. Please let us know your route 

I am going Warsaw - Berlin - Amsterdam - Paris - Luxembourg - Warsaw 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Did you book the reservation via Interrail.eu? Because for this route it should get by email the reservation. 

I recommend for Berlin-Amsterdam to book directly via bahn.com with the seat only option (4,50€/2nd class for the journey included train changes), because it cost less and it works better. Also for Luxemburg-Berlin. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you already made the reservations? You should get the delivery date at the payment page. Some time ago the delivery time for paper reservations was about 8 weeks.

There are several ways to make reservations. If you share your exact travel details  (departure date, time and route) here you will get advice.

Did you book the reservation via Interrail.eu? Because for this route it should get by email the reservation. 

I recommend for Berlin-Amsterdam to book directly via bahn.com with the seat only option (4,50€/2nd class for the journey included train changes), because it cost less and it works better. Also for Luxemburg-Berlin. 

Thank you for recommendations! 
The problem now is with Warsaw to Berlin ticket. Maybe some recommendations for this ticket?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @AnnaB  @rvdborgt do you know how it works with reservations Warsaw-Berlin?

Have you already made the reservations? You should get the delivery date at the payment page. Some time ago the delivery time for paper reservations was about 8 weeks.

There are several ways to make reservations. If you share your exact travel details  (departure date, time and route) here you will get advice.

Im looking for seat reservation from Warsaw (departure at 12:22) to Berlin (arrival at 18:03)

I have not made the reservation because don’t know what to put in the postal address section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Im looking for seat reservation from Warsaw (departure at 12:22) to Berlin (arrival at 18:03)

I have not made the reservation because don’t know what to put in the postal address section.

If it's for this Sunday, then please don't order a paper reservation via Interrail. It'll never arrive in time.

You might try calling NS (don't forget the +31 country code). I know they can sell this reservation and they should have everything available electronically. There should also be no booking fee, since you can't book this reservation on their website.

If it's for this Sunday, then please don't order a paper reservation via Interrail. It'll never arrive in time.

You might try calling NS (don't forget the +31 country code). I know they can sell this reservation and they should have everything available electronically. There should also be no booking fee, since you can't book this reservation on their website.

Thank you!

Did I understand right, that I can buy seat reservations through multiple websites not only interrail.eu ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did I understand right, that I can buy seat reservations through multiple websites not only interrail.eu ?

Sure, you can book wherever you want. Also by phone, at ticket offices, travel agents etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to only make reservations through the Interrail/Eurail website if no other option is available. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.