Solved

Seat reservation Italy to Germany

• 6 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi!

I hope someone can help me. The day after tomorrow, I want to take the train from Bologna to Stuttgart. I need two seat reservations. But I don’t really understand what options I should click on the OBB website. 

When I click the 6 euro seat reservation it only reserves a seat on the the train from München to Stuttgart, but a reservation on the train from Bologna to München is especially important because it’s expected to be very busy. When I click on ‘ticket already exists’ I have to click the 6 euro reservation as well. 
Is it sufficient to only click the top one of 20 euros in total? I can’t see if I have a seat reservation then. 
I hope someone knows the answers :) Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 6 August 2022, 11:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Are you travelling alone or together with someone?

Are you travelling alone or together with someone?

I’m travelling together with someone!:)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You need for the EC in Italy to pay a 10€ fee/person to use it with Interrail. Reservation is optional, you can buy the 10€ fee at a Trenitalia ticket office and you get a reservation for free for the EC to Munich.

Via ÖBB you have to pay 3€/train/seat for the reservation on top of the 10€ fee. 

You need for the EC in Italy to pay a 10€ fee/person to use it with Interrail. Reservation is optional, you can buy the 10€ fee at a Trenitalia ticket office and you get a reservation for free for the EC to Munich.

Via ÖBB you have to pay 3€/train/seat for the reservation on top of the 10€ fee. 

Ah alright, thanks!! So it’s best to not buy the tickets at the OBB website, but both separately? The one from Bologna to Munich at a Trenitalia ticket office and the one from Munich to Stuttgart at the OBB website?

Also, does anyone know what it means when it says ‘ticket valid for section only’? Does it mean that there are no seat reservations available for that part of the journey? Or that you’re not allowed to get on that train?