Solved

Seat reservation Milano-Lyon; need pass cover number

• Full steam ahead
  • 5 replies

Hi, I’m new here, but very hopeful to get the help that is not coming from the customer service directly. We are a little family travelling around Europe from monday on. We have reservated almost all the seats we need (and we found available), but we are having a problem with the journey Milano-Lyon.

As I’ve read that it is a problem making the reservation via Eurrail, and instead we can do it through b-europe, I would need to provide this pass cover number that I don’t have, because we’ve got a mobile pass.

Thanks a lot!!!

icon

Best answer by leix 3 July 2022, 00:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

To ask anything one has to use the special form-find it somewhere on site-state date of travel-and expect that they may not be able to help you.

Also note there is NO direct train M->L, a change is needed and if you really want the his-peed of SNCF then there is a whopping high supplmt-fore each of the family members.

Look at ALT: TrenItalia has started its own service in competition-this does it direct, takes no passes but perhaps if lucky their normal fare is even lower as the supplmt.-and it saves a passday for maybe other better use

OR use the more scenic way via the Swiss-Domodossola-Brig-via Rhone valley and along lake Geneve-change GNV to TER train-this will cost 11€ for direct trains IT-Swiss, ar 0 if one uses the local treni Mil-Domod. and change there. To find times (roughly ev 2 hrs) break up in segments on planner-or use the far better other planners, sbb or bahn

You can call NMBS=Belg railways and then no cover nr is needed, but the call cost a lot

Or of course call SNCF direct if money is no object

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi there are no direct trains in the Pass Network between Milano and Lyon, because the TGV to Paris do not stop in Lyon and the Frecciarossa do not accept Interrail in France. You could use the TGV to Chambery and change there for a TER regional train to Lyon (but reservation is about 35€), or you go via Domodossola and Geneve (Switzerland) to Lyon. EC Milano-Geneve are 11€ in 2nd class, but there are also reservation free trains with change in Domodossola and Brig. From Geneve there are TER trains to Lyon. (no reservation needed). 

I finally did it throught the SNCF phone assistance, (Skype call) and Chambery. It’s true, the reservation is 28 per person, rather expensive, but impossible to book in TrenItalia’s FrecciaRossa by phone (via Geneve), and I have to reach Lyon in the evening, so We could not take trains without seat reservation. 

Thanks anyway!!!